Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Sram XX1 on the HD

Anyone running it? Does it fit?

mtbr member
    Why wouldn't it fit? You just need a compatible rear hub.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Beause there is very litte space for the chain to pass the dropout with my 9-speed setup, so I wonder if it works as advertised really just taken same space as before.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm concerned about the spacing as well as 10-speed barely fits

Would be a shame if its not compatible, seems like the perfect drivetrain for the HD

mtbr member
    XX1 is not publicly available yet. I pre-ordered a set 2 months ago - still not expecting to see parts until late Nov.

MTBR Contributing Editor
    Hopefully I'll have one to test shortly. I have a retrofit hub assembly that I9 makes for their system, so I am prepared for it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I ordered an HD with XX1, XTR brakes and Fox 34 650b talas and 27.5 enve wheels. the wheels require a free hub body to make it work, and extra $120. Should be a sweet ride and arrive sometime after 30 Nov. If interested, I'll post pictures. My only regret is that it has to be a 140mm rear HD vice the 160mm, because of clearance and warranty issues.
    ****Ibis, I know this has been brought up in other forums but seriously...provide a 650b rear swingarm conversion kit or a 650b HD altogether. In addition, where is the ripley 29er???? 2012 is almost over, but what we really want is a RIPLEY 27er!!!! Come on Ibis.....don't let other brands continue to beat you to the market, even eccentric linkages are now available from others.If your carbon supplier is slow and/or can't keep up or also implement new innovation, i.e. 650b conversion, RIPLEY 27er, then naybe it is time to get a new carbon supplier, I suggest the Japanese carbon fiber suppliers at Torayca. They are a composites giant and also use an all-new 65-ton 65HM1K Nanoalloy Carbon Fiber which is very rigid and reactive coming in at 65 tons per square centimeter.

mtbr member
    Yes it works; I've seen a photo of a HD with XX1 on Facebook or twitter *goes off to try and find it*
    Edit
    Found this one, but I've also seen another

Last edited by Jamie_MTB; 11-10-2012 at 01:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Isn't that Anne Caro's bike? Love that color scheme. They need to make it a production choice.

Mtb Guide
    XX1 looks awesome in person my LBS is working frantically at bike conversions, all theyre first XX1 batch has gone, if it goes as fast on the trail which from them they say its a huge improvement then be ready to be very happy.

Hoping my HD will be here by the end of the week, also going full XX1, I have Enves already but I need to change my Chris King hub out darn it, going DT.
    I'll be runing both 140 and 160 modes when required.

Cant wait, anyone want a sweet 142x12 Chris King hub and Enve DT aero spokes

mtbr member

Finally found it again!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Great to see! In a month or so, mine will look just like that.

Mtb Guide
    Same marco,

Color and XX1 atleast, have everything but the frame, hopefully only a couple of more weeks before it lands, roll on, XX1 is getting dusty in the box.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That's too funny. I have the frame, but the XX1 takes still a while to get here. Though it has been developped in Germany, we seem to be the last to get it delivered. Mine is due in mid Decembre.

Mtb Guide
    Haha def oh well good to laugh about, will be worth the wait I reckon.

The boys here have been flat out upgrading peoples bikes to XX1 quite amazing how many people in a wee town are jumping on it, and the ride reports are pretty impressive they are mostly SC builds, so I should be the only or few of on an Ibis HD

Often we are last in line on frames bikes, but components Sram especially seems to really love Kiwis we get allot of they're products first or pretty early it seems, though we did have a shortage of XX1 chains for some reason ha cant have it all I guess, also its just turned summer here so maybe taps into product release and seasons a random thought might be off course but makes sense

The Crow
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    May 2009
    no chain guide and tensioner needed?

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by timex99 View Post
    no chain guide and tensioner needed?
    Read here for more

http://http://magazine.bikeradar.com...-ibis-mojo-hd/

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone have any problems with the XX1 shifting? Shifting down from the top 2 cogs (smallest cogs) is somewhat difficult. It's as if the part of the chain is firmly pressed against the larger cog while part of it is already on the larger cog and as a result, shifting is difficult. It will eventually shift, but it is far from smooth. I messed around with the distance of the derailleur to the cogs, but no change yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    That embedded link is bogus. Here is the correct one: XX1 on Doddy’s Ibis Mojo HD - BikeRadar Magazines since it is non-trivial to decode it from the link-sniffing-glue-site that mtbr.com uses (the viglink.com stuff).
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I know that xx1 doesn't need a chain guide and tensioner. Can we still fit the mrp g2 on it? Just looks way cooler if it has one, though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

my HD with XX1 and 650B

Almost a month now on this bike. Weighs in at 26.95 pounds. What a noticeable difference with 27.5/650B tires, all good. I have had another HD with easton haven carbon 26" wheels now for 2 years, yes there are differences and it is all positive in my opinion. XX1 is stealth quite, I have had no problems with it shifting. zero chainslap. I like having only 1 shifter now, with seatpost lever on left where a front derailleur would go. Can't wait for better weather and trails to dry out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sram XX1 on the HD-mojo-side.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by das recht View Post
    Anyone have any problems with the XX1 shifting? Shifting down from the top 2 cogs (smallest cogs) is somewhat difficult. It's as if the part of the chain is firmly pressed against the larger cog while part of it is already on the larger cog and as a result, shifting is difficult. It will eventually shift, but it is far from smooth. I messed around with the distance of the derailleur to the cogs, but no change yet.
    Mine shifts like butter

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Which XX1 crank Q factor are people using on their HD? I read through the various threads and it seems that either 156 or 166 will work. If frame clearance is "close but fits" on the 156, shouldn't people get the 166 to avoid clearance issues?

Mtb Guide
    Im running 168q.

It would be interesting to know the problems some are having is consistent with q factor, it shouldnt matter.
    But nothing should be written off until proven.

I didnt ask for 168q, I left that to my LBS and Im stoked on that, as much for heal clearance on seat stays as setup, they know Ibis frames well, they had installed a fair number of and ridden XX1 setups for a couple of months before mine got installed on the frame.

For performance, "q factor" might be important on an XC or roadbike but far less important on longer travel bikes, more important to be able to move around with the bike, it makes very little difference imo/e anyways maybe if youre smaller of body.

The hard part is sifting through inconclusive data, what q factor did you choose, how many spacers, correct BB, frame size, change length, "does dérailleur hanger look good or have you had a tool on it and checked it" even a minor knock can affect it.

One thing I haven't added was my rear d came loose on the hanger this did affect shifting, I used blue loctite 26 I think and its not come loose since.

what we need is clearer data
    accurate diagnosis.
    bullet point whats wrong,
    whats not the same as std or different from other setups that are working well.

Good hunting XX1 converts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast