mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Source for Ibis Alibi Hangers?

Hello...through the grace of the almighty I just got my hands on a never been built black metallic Ibis Alibi frame (I believe its a 1998..has the older school down-tube stickers).

Anyway, as I begin to compile the parts for it, I would like to stockpile some extra derailleur hangers. I've got a habit of snapping such things. Thus far I have 1) contacted Castellano Designs w/o any response; 2) Contacted Scot Nicol, and received a speedy response that he may be able to help out (but don't want to be a pain in the arse); 3) contacted Thomson (the stem and post folk) without any response on custom fabrication.

Any other suggestions? Anybody aware of a decent machine shop that might be able to make a few? Anybody have any laying around they would like to unload? Thoughts are appreciated.

Beesee
    (Ibis Sonoma Steel, Mojo single speed, and now goofy aluminum Alibi)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

derailleur hanger..

Have I seen an ad in the back of Dirt Rag for someone selling hangers? Something about hangers for all models of bikes? Not certain,but it would be a rather specific niche market.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    The site is derailleurhanger.com. They dont have ibis up, but you can email them and see if they can help. Check this page out. If they cant get it, there are some places that will custom build one. A friend of mine was going to have it done for his scott vertigo, but we managed to find a hanger. Good luck.
    Herro prease

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

got dremel?

I've made hangers out of the steel hangers that come on cheap bikes without integral hangers, shaping and drilling them to fit with a dremel tool.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    I've made hangers out of the steel hangers that come on cheap bikes without integral hangers, shaping and drilling them to fit with a dremel tool.
    -Thanks for the thoughts to all! I'll give the derailleur hanger.com folks a ring and fire up the dremmel as a backup.

thanks
    beesee

mtbr member
    I just talked to Mr. C a few days ago and he has them in stock(no luck on a shock for my Szazbo yet, though). He also told me (for anyone interested) that he is bringing back the Boat and Silk-Ti. He's just waiting on an order for a couple hundred feet of the ti down tube material.

Oh, and I've got a few extra 'hanging' aroung if you get desprate.

Szazboy

6x7=Dont Panic!
    But no bowtis? Man, a bowti would kick arse... way too much $ though and friggin impossible to find.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks Szaz...I'll give them another try. Good luck on the shock hunt...and good news on the resurrection of the Silk. I had one and like a dumb-ass sold it to finance a turner. The turner serves its purpose, but I should have given that Silk ti sale some better thought. I'm thankful to have the others.

mtbr member

The Boat is the Bow-Ti ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    But no bowtis? Man, a bowti would kick arse... way too much $ though and friggin impossible to find.
    Sorry, I should have said Bow-Ti instead of Boat. Unfortunately they are going to be the same price as the old Bow-Tis. Which makes them a better bargain (yeah right) now that titanium is going up in price. I still must have one!

Szazboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Sorry, I was camping

Quote Originally Posted by beesee
    Hello...through the grace of the almighty I just got my hands on a never been built black metallic Ibis Alibi frame (I believe its a 1998..has the older school down-tube stickers).

Anyway, as I begin to compile the parts for it, I would like to stockpile some extra derailleur hangers. I've got a habit of snapping such things. Thus far I have 1) contacted Castellano Designs w/o any response; 2) Contacted Scot Nicol, and received a speedy response that he may be able to help out (but don't want to be a pain in the arse); 3) contacted Thomson (the stem and post folk) without any response on custom fabrication.

Any other suggestions? Anybody aware of a decent machine shop that might be able to make a few? Anybody have any laying around they would like to unload? Thoughts are appreciated.

Beesee
    (Ibis Sonoma Steel, Mojo single speed, and now goofy aluminum Alibi)
    Sorry guys, I was camping out at Steve Potts' shop making the first of the SilkTi 29 and SilkTi 700's, then it was off to the bike show. I'm back now and I've got your hanger. Give me a call--800-CASTELLANO

John Castellano

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

The Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pivotless
    Sorry guys, I was camping out at Steve Potts' shop making the first of the SilkTi 29 and SilkTi 700's, then it was off to the bike show. I'm back now and I've got your hanger. Give me a call--800-CASTELLANO

John Castellano
    Thanks so much...I'll be in touch for sure!!! Keep up the good work.