T.W.O.

Small Ibis Mojo with Duc32 first ride VS ML7

Kudos to The Bike Company's Team, Mike, Terry, Joe, Kevin, and Taylor. I've got my sweet ride put together the way I wanted. If you want Mojo small or med frame paired with Duc32 give them a call here's the link

http://www.bikeco.com/productcart/pc...t.asp?idpage=2

They will make it happen for you. Service is ABCD, Above and Beyond a Call of Duty, they really went out of their way to make it happen for me. Thanks guys.

Now, My first ride was such a blasted. Strong climber, great descender and balanced all around. Here's my impression between the two bikes. Note the 2 bikes have virtually have the same components except for the wheelset check out the pics.

Climbing
    First off, both bikes climb like true high-end full suspension almost Zero bob active suspension. They are best climber out there and both do not rely on the platform to eliminate bob so set up is very easy. Mojo react to small bumps better than the ML7(old link, new link claimed to handle small bump better. Both encourage you to jump out off the saddle and go for it. This is what I expect from such frame design from both company. So except for the small bump, there's no significant difference. Nothing climb like these 2, it's the closest to the hardtail, may be better even.

Cruising
    Rolling along both bikes perform exceptionally well. One thing I'll say about the Mojo though, It's so quiet. The only thing you hear is the tire scratching, unreal.

Descending
    Well, the Mojo has 5.5" travel V.S. ML7 4". both are great descender thanks to the ultra smooth'n'stiff fork and Speedball seatpost, they boost your confident when you point you bike down the mountain. ML7 is a bit more slack than Mojo and a bit slower steering around the bend, but both offers great trades when it comes to descending. Smooth and active suspension of the Mojo made me dive in to the corner later my first ride I did a control drift and for the first time, it didn't freak me out.

Single track
    Wow, I love the Speedball especially with remote. Mojo felt better and quicker than ML7 not only because of longer travel but the geometry. It encourage you to push harder, and harder. I think the main reason is because the bike is so quiet it you feel like you are not going fast. ML7 is not as quiet shorter travel is not as forgiving I wish I own the Durance this comparison would be great. I like the ML7 on the singletrack before but my ride on Mojo just surprise me.

Fit and finish
    There's no way around it the shifting on the ML7 is not the stuff of dream, it required planning and thumb pressure to move up the chainring. I knew this before I bought mine I learn to live with it. The linkage make creaking noise every now and then, especially when you ride on the weekend when there tons of riders are climbing next to you. I like the simple suspension design just set the sag and rebound preference and you are good to go.

Mojo is just a quiet machine, shifting is quick and precise. Carbon finish is just fun to look at. This is the platform suspension I use it just a learning curve with all the adjustment. I own 2 Mavericks and a Klein so it's just something new to learn.

I love both bike design and what it can do. Obviously, I'll be riding the Mojo more often cuz' I just got it. Time will tell if that's going to be the way it is. Thanks for checking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Hot Damn those Mojo's are sharp lookin!

mtbr member
    I must say: how good the Mojo looks compared to almost any other bike still susprises me: there goes your Maverick loosing the beauty contest