mtbr member
    Mar 2012

SL-R Special Blend?

Jenson has them. Less than $3k.

Ibis history would suggest a replacement is on the way...

Seems too soon for a bike that wasn't widely available until mid-last year. Maybe potential SL-R customers are choosing Ripley or 650b HD-R? Is the SL platform dyeing?

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AaGro View Post
    Jenson has them. Less than $3k.

Ibis history would suggest a replacement is on the way...

Seems too soon for a bike that wasn't widely available until mid-last year. Maybe potential SL-R customers are choosing Ripley or 650b HD-R? Is the SL platform
    dyeing?

Thoughts?

This really is fantastic, $2950 ? , practically with the same components that a SL-R with SLX build kit $4512, ok ok except Fox fork & shock but $1517 savings are good for many things ...

mtbr member
    275 is coming whether we like it or not. From talking to some friends in the industry 26 bikes are literally just sitting on floor and not moving at all. My guess is that Ibis is feverishly working on a 275 replacement or just phasing it out for the Ripley.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well damn, my SLR is out of date! I am guessing we will see the SL put to pasture soon and Ibis will jump on the 650 bandwagon with a dedicated frame soon. Ibis has hinted at new bikes coming, so will see what happens, surprised though the SLR has gone Special Blend so soon.

mtbr member
    I just looked on Jenson, HD xtr kit $4460! Mojo SL Special Blend $1790! Mojo SL SLX $2310!

Limited sizes xl or small, but damn some great prices.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    From talking to some friends in the industry 26 bikes are literally just sitting on floor and not moving at all.
    I have seen this in action at a Marin LBS that sells a lot of bikes. The same two or three SL-Rs have been sitting gathering dust for months despite being marked down twice. Their new Ripleys are moving quickly, like within a week. I bet Ibis has SL-R inventory backup. People who are spending $5k+ on a bike understandably want the latest and greatest.

mtbr member
    That Mojo SL Special Blend at $1790 is the deal of the century!

mtbr member
    Damn, just tried to buy for my wife, but they are down to XL only.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaGro View Post

Thoughts?
    my thoughts are those folks on ebay wanting thousand of dollars....aren't gunna get any bidders!

I'm still on a classic :/ hah resale value plummets further for non sl owners.

They dropped the silk too. I wonder if they've disbanded from road, or if we can expect a road frame with discs just like the revised hakka.

Everyone is pretty clear that a tranny 29 or 27.5 is in the works. Wonder what else.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I emailed Ibis about the Silk, they said as would you expect that they cant comment but we wont see a new road bike this year.

Will just have to ride my outdated SLR!

meh
    with the new hakka disc, i dont see a reason for a silk...mine is working just fine doubling as a cross and road bike
    i guess if you were riding a lot of crits, but i cant see the general ibisian being that kind of roadie

tried to get a taller friend of mine to buy that SL, hell of a deal...I am now convinced I will have my Mojo C forever as there is no point selling it for pocket change