mtbr member
    May 2005

SL-R and Classic Mojo rear triangles interchangeable?

Looking into ways to stiffen rear-end on my Classic Mojo. Meanwhile getting new wheel with 142/135 option (futureproof) and curious if it's feasible to replace rear triangle?
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

meh
    i think they are prob interchangeable, but doubt youd be able to source one

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice idea I guess this is the way to go for those who are still rocking their mojo c just like me. But I think getting one would be really hard, though...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I think they are interchangeable, but the cable routing will not match as the SLR has HD style cable routing. Would have to add some stick on guides.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    If you are still running a 9mm QR then get a 10mm bolt thru hub. Best option for future proofing would be to build up a Hope Pro 2 rear that way you can swap out 10 for 142 etc etc. Other manufacturers may do a similar thing but in my experience Hope offer best bang for buck and no fuss uograde and servicability. The get yourself a DT Swiss 10 mm RWS.
    Makes a huge diff, almost as much of a step forward as adding the Lopes Link did

The Crow
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny View Post
    I think they are interchangeable, but the cable routing will not match as the SLR has HD style cable routing. Would have to add some stick on guides.
    Yes
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

www.derbyrims.com
    Yes, they bolt up.

But nearly all of the stiffness increase of the SL-R swiingarm is from the larger axle and the improved lower suspension link.

A 10mm bolt on through axle conversion from the original stretchy and flexy 9mm QR skewers, makes about "98%" of the same difference as a 12mm axle hub and dropouts.

Also use the most recent stiffer designed lower link available for the C, SL, and SL-R.

The SL-R frame and swingarm gained nearly all of the stiffness increases from the revised center frame with press fit tapered head sets fitting tapered steer-tube forks, and a stiffer lower swingarm link (that fits the C and SL too), and the bigger and much more solid clamping rear axle.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Indeed, 10mm bolt on and new lower link is considered option (and way easy to get/implement). but good to know what options are available. Also from what I recall SL-R rear-end can fit bigger tire.
    Main issue with flex I'm trying to solve is tire rubbing chainstays sometimes when I push into corner hard and it's just with 2.25 Conti Trailking.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

meh
    iirc, the C/SL can fit a 650b and the SL-R can not (one with reasonable volume anyways), so that would lead me to believe the C/SL fits the bigger tire

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    i think they are prob interchangeable, but doubt youd be able to source one
    They are interchangeable. The links are identical, however you would need a compatible hub for the thru axle.

I hoped to source one from Ibis, however they would not sell one separately.

Instead, they suggested I buy an entire new SLR frame.

I could do this one day, or get a Pivot 5.7C instead.

Dropshot Champ!
    there are alot of people in this thread that say they will fit, but everyone I talked to at ibis (both email, and in person at sea otter) said they will not.

weird.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    there are alot of people in this thread that say they will fit, but everyone I talked to at ibis (both email, and in person at sea otter) said they will not.

weird.
    Perhaps it messes with their production etc, however Ibis would sell a lot of the SLR rear triangles for retro fitting to Mojo SLs etc if they were willing to do so.