mtbr member
    Dec 2007

SL cable routing?

The cable routing for the hydraulic hose to the rear caliper, is it a zip tie type clamp or do I have to take the caliper off and thread the hose through it?

Can I run full length outers for my gear cables (very muddy winters here)?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There are two hollow black plastic "bullets" in the bag with the paint, hose clips, etc.

Those bullets slip over the hydraulic hose and then into the center slots of the cable stops on the top tube.

Full length outers would require fiddling with things, but you could run Nokon housings which give you the same protection.

Founder: Dirty3hirties

Expanding on what yo_ca said....

You'll have to ziptie the rear brake hose to the seatstay mounts.

As far as running full length housing for the r. derailler, I mounted those 3M hose guides to the TT. Work great. Just make sure you clean off the surface to get good adhesion. Going down the SS, I ziptied the housing using the holes in the guides. I didn't drill out the holes because the zipties work great and it's not a permanent change to the frame and there's no risk of accidentally messing up the frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ddraewwg: where did you find the 3M hose guides and if there are different kinds, then which ones did you use?

There are actually little black platic clips in the bag now that snap into the seatstay mounts holding the hydraulic line in place. You can use those instaed of zipties on the seatstay.

mtbr member
    Pictures please of preferred cable routing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Does any one have experience on Gore Ride On Low Friction Gear cable set??
    Is it a good upgrade or should I stick with the original XTR cable housings?

I will change my rear derailleur to XTR Shadow so I need to mess with the cables anyway.

mtbr member
    I used the Gore cables in the mid '90s, If my memory serves correct, a green cable went through a semi opaque plastic housing the length of the cable run. This was housed by what looked like normal housing. The middle plastic housing would become crimped under light abuse thus, negating the benefits of the system. When it was fresh, it felt great! I was under the impression that this product was removed from the market. Is it back? I'm sure its better if so.

As to pics of cable routing, I am really after a top view of the lower swing arm cable guide housing angle going to the shadow. My teflon cable shows obvious signs of rubbing the guide. I must have it wrong.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by yo_ca
    ddraewwg: where did you find the 3M hose guides and if there are different kinds, then which ones did you use?
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...ils.php?id=200

I should clarify.....they seem to be generic pieces but they use 3M tape. I just referred to them that way because I figured people would know what I'm talking about.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...ils.php?id=200

I should clarify.....they seem to be generic pieces but they use 3M tape. I just referred to them that way because I figured people would know what I'm talking about.
    i have used these in the past and they didn't stay stuck on. i did clean the surface too. oh well...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hi!

Has anyone tried nokon cables on Mojo? I'd like to try coz conditions where I ride are quite a bit different from sunny California and I'm a bit worried how those original cables will work. Cable rub is the only thing I'm worried with nokon cables. Shure that can be prevented with some tape but will that tape stick to my Mojo SL rubberized paint?!?

Please tell me if you have some other solutions!

-Lassi

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by LassiH
    Hi!

Has anyone tried nokon cables on Mojo? I'd like to try coz conditions where I ride are quite a bit different from sunny California and I'm a bit worried how those original cables will work. Cable rub is the only thing I'm worried with nokon cables. Shure that can be prevented with some tape but will that tape stick to my Mojo SL rubberized paint?!?

Please tell me if you have some other solutions!

-Lassi
    The Nokon and the Aliigator i-links don't seem to work very well with rear suspension systems. No matter how many tricks I have played with the systems I always get ghost shifts in some area of the gear ratios. It does seem to get improved by using a normal piece of housing in the spot below the seatpost, meaning the middle housing for the rear dérailleur. I am a real weight weenie so was using the i-Links to save some grams, but they have been problematic and I have been ready to go back to normal housing for the rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    No that I've done some research, I think I won't try them (nokon). So many have said that they don't work with full sussers. Altought I would like to try some other sealed cable that might work.

If you have some succes with any cables please let me know pastajet!! And thanx for the info.

-Lassi

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I've got the good set up for cable routing after many tries. Will try and post a pic.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

Grams Light Bikes
    I wanted to add a couple of better pictures of how I have my cables routed. I do have a motorcycle brake setup, which means the front on the right and the rear on the left. I just find it more comfy after riding motorbikes for a long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images