mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Sizing for the Mojo HD

Hi All,

I would like some sizing suggestions on the Mojo HD. I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam and a longer torso. I usually ride XC style bikes with a 23.3 effective TT and a 100mm 6 degree rise stem. I have been looking to be more upright on the Mojo. Please give me your thoughts on the Medium HD with a longish stem (ie 90mm) or the large with a shorter stem of around 70mm. I have spoken with Ibis and they say either size will work for me. I am looking for recommendations on sizing and stem length.

Thanks.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    for a bike like the HD, I wouldnt go longer than 50mm personally. Short stems FTW!

Church of the Wheel
    The best thing would be for you to demo both sizes and try for yourself. Everyone else's input is just a guess. My guess for your height and desire for a a more upright position would be a medium with whatever size stem fits right. Sizing on HD's and regular Mojo's is supposed to be the same, and I too prefer a slightly more upright position. I'm 5'11" and found a medium SL with an 80mm stem suits me perfectly.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I would also recommend medium - as a bike that is slightly to small is easier to manouver than a bike that is slightly too big.