Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Sizes for Mojo HD

Hi!

I am going to buy an Ibis Mojo HD but I have a problem. For all of us is known that Ibis' frames are short and I have asked is some forums what size should I choose according to my physical features.

My height is 1,83 metres and the lenght from the bottom of my feet to the perineum is 88,4 cm.

What size should I choose? I would say Large size, but I'm really not sure. What is your height and size of your Ibises Mojo HD?

It is a very expensive bike and I don't want to mistake with its size.

Thank you very much!

mtbr member
    I'm 6'4" (1.93 m) and I have an XL, which works great but still feels a wee bit cramped every now and then. Kinda sounds like you're almost in between sizes, so you may be able to go either L or XL, depending on your preferred set-up and feel. I'd guess Large.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the frame size that lets you comfortably run the shortest stem. I am 5'11 on a large - Id say you're def an XL with a 50mm-70mm stem

mtbr member
    My height is 1,83 metres and the lenght from the bottom of my feet to the perineum is 88,4 cm

translation please

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    My height is 1,83 metres and the lenght from the bottom of my feet to the perineum is 88,4 cm

translation please
    6' tall, 34.8" inseam.

mtbr member
    Awfully long inseam for being 6' tall?

mtbr member
    Yeah, that is a pretty long inseam for 6'. Mine is 36" at 6' 4". Another reason to go XL I'd say.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Betarad View Post
    Yeah, that is a pretty long inseam for 6'. Mine is 36" at 6' 4". Another reason to go XL I'd say.
    Long inseam = short torso. So I'd say Large.

Demo if you can, you will get 50/50 answers between L and XL.

+rep for using perineum!
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    Long inseam = short torso.
    True that. I was just thinking about the painful knee hits to the handlebar I experience in awkward situations every so often.

Totally agree with the demo suggestion.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Betarad View Post
    True that. I was just thinking about the painful knee hits to the handlebar I experience in awkward situations every so often.

Totally agree with the demo suggestion.
    Good point, didn't even think about that. Could also mean long arms too...
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post

translation please
    Sorry, I come from Spain and I don't know other measures. I only use metres, centimetres, milimetres,...

According to the "the lenght from the bottom of my feet to the perineum", I refered to the lenght of my legs. In Spain, we use this expression when we talk about cycling. By the Way, I have measured it again and it is 82-84 cm (not 88,4 cm).

I apologize for my problems of the language...
    Last edited by Lobanovskyy; 02-19-2013 at 02:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I am the same size as you and started of with a Large HD (160mm fork and angleset) with 50mm stem, but had to change the stem to 70mm due to the short reach and front wheel lift on the steep climbs. I have now ordered a XL frame so that I can go back to the 50mm stem and to get that extra high speed stability.

mtbr member
    The bike shop where I'll buy it, will lend me a demo Mojo HD (Large size), so I'll be able to test it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The move to shorter stems is offset by the move to wider bars.
    As you go wide, you can go short in the stem w/o changing the reach. Every aspect of control gets better. Unless you have narrow shoulders and T-rex arms, try 750 or wider bars. I really haven't met anyone who doesn't like them after trying them.
    You should be on a medium with a 60-70mm stem and wide bars. Buy some 780s and try them. Cut them down 20mm at a time until you love them.
    I am running the same width on my HD 140 as my DH bike.

Mtb Guide
    No way should he be on a medium @ 6", like NZL62 Im 5"11 and run a large medium would be way to cramped for me, I love my L best fitting fame Ive had, hard to decide, between L lr XL come down to specification of forks setup how you ide skill level etc, more skilled riders can handle longer front and centers and longer wheel bases no problems.

mtbr member
    Hi guys,

Finally, last weekend I tested the demo Mojo HD (Large size) that the bikeshop lend me and definetly I have more doubts than before testing it.

These doubts are caused because of the size. I felt a small bike and the handlebar too close to me. Besides, I had to put the seatpot close to the mark that shows the minimun insertion.

So, I thought that maby, my size is XL but in the bikeshop they continue saying that is Large size and they thing that XL option will be too big for me. My height is 6 feet, an inseam of 34.45 inches and an arms lenght of 29.53 inches.

What do you think about? What should I do?
    Last edited by Lobanovskyy; 03-12-2013 at 12:53 AM.

mtbr member
    You are right on the borderline between the L and XL. How long was the stem on the L? If you were not comfortable on the L go for the XL and run a short stem.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi i have a same questions

recommend that size for 1.86m (6.1023622ft) L or XL???

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you like more XC go XL if you would like to go bike park way take L.

the refurbished one
    i am 1,85m/91cm (6.1/35.8) and i am riding a XL frame.
    the mojo hd doesnt feel a little bit smaller than other bikes at the same size but i am very happy.
    before that i had a large nomad which was to small and a XL nomad which was right but not as good as the XL HD.
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    You are right on the borderline between the L and XL. How long was the stem on the L? If you were not comfortable on the L go for the XL and run a short stem.
    Hi, the stem's lenght of the Mojo HD (size L) I tested was 90 mm. I think a longer stem is awful...

In the bikeshop there was three shop assistants and all of them suggested me to choose L size and they say that the next size won't be easy to use. Other day, the sales manager of Ibis Spain was in the bikeshop and he also suggested me L size and said that the XL size will be to big for me. Besides, I send an e-mail to Ibis (USA) and they suggested me that, according to my measures, the best option is L size.

If I had to choose a size without testing the two options, I would choose L size. But I have tested the L size and I'm not sure about it. I don't know if is better to choose a XL size and use a short stem or to choose a L size and use a large one.

In this picture you can see to me on the demo bike (remember, L size). My knees was close to the handlebar and the seatpost sticked out close to its mark of minimum insertion. What do you think about it? It seems a bit small for me, doesn't it?

Sizes for Mojo HD-ibis-l.jpg
    Last edited by Lobanovskyy; 03-19-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Thread Killer
    Here's a good fit calculator:

Fit Calcualtor

It has been pretty spot on for my last 3 bikes. Give it a try and see if it makes your choice a little bit clearer.
    Cholla cactus=nature's guard rail.

screamer
    Looking at the photo I'd say XL for sure. That bike looks tiny under you! And it you're already feeling cramped with a 90mm stem, then you have no room for adjustment. Forget what the bike store people are saying and listen to what your own experience is telling you: go XL!

I have an XL HD and a XL mojo classic, and they feel very similar for cockpit sizing. Does your bike shop have an XL classic, SL, or SLR? That would give you a real-world basis for comparison.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobanovskyy View Post
    Hi, the stem's lenght of the Mojo HD (size L) I tested was 90 mm. I think a longer stem is awful...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ibis L.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	780926
    if it was myself Id definitely be going XL, but I know what I like, longer wheelbases and short stems, still way too much post extended and too short a cockpit in that pic,looks like a medium frame its that small.

LBS and most manufactures still play it safe with old school bike setup, totally agree with Budgie.

mtbr member
    Hi,

I continue with the doubts concerning to sizing. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a triple question:

1) Your height and inseam
    2) The size of the Ibis Mojo HD you ride
    3) The lenght of the stem you are using

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast