mtbr member
    Jan 2004

silver post on carbon frame?

Every pic of the new carbon Mojo has a black seatpost. Would it be "insane" to put a silver post? I like silver posts. Stay new looking longer. Would match the silver cranks. Guess I don't want the darth vader look...and I can find a better deal on silver 31.6 posts.

Anyone have a pic of a mojo with a silver post?

Trail Rider

Page 2

Page 2 of the build thread
    Don

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    Page 2 of the build thread
    Thanks! I'm going to stick a silver post on; let the black frame stand out more.

"Its All Good"
    Go a silver Thomson post and a silver Thomson stem, that would look great. The silver stems look rad in the flesh
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Blue Frame...Nothing works

It is good to have a choice of silver seat posts. The truth is the Ibis colors appear to have been developed by some sweetheart who worked in the fashion industry and wears a baby blue puff ball down ski parka when skiing. I really don't think black componets work well on any of the colored frames (except for carbon black). Long Live Black!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    Every pic of the new carbon Mojo has a black seatpost. Would it be "insane" to put a silver post? I like silver posts. Stay new looking longer. Would match the silver cranks. Guess I don't want the darth vader look...and I can find a better deal on silver 31.6 posts.

Anyone have a pic of a mojo with a silver post?
    I wouldn't hesitate to use a silver post, especially a silver Thomson on the Mojo as long as there is some other silver, like a stem, rims, or cranks. If I didn't use the red one, I was going to use slver.

Going for a ride......
    I actually emailed Thomson at one stage asking about durability of the black compared to silver. They said that the black post would stay better looking for longer.

Both colors are anodized and the finish is tough. I think in general the silver would show scratches more than the black.
    energetix

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'm going with a Syncros Ti post I score don E-bay a while back. was going to put a rebadged M**ts stem onthere too but the new FSA stem is 50g lighter. I have a silver thomson my bowti ( along with silver CK head ) and it looks great.