mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Show me your 1-2 year old Mojo's, please

I'd like to get a feel for how the glossy finish holds up over time...

I own some FSA carbon cranks and they have a similar gloss finish, that looks pretty beat up once they get a few scratches (which happens fairly easily). Really don't want my entire bike to look like this (see attached pics)

So, can some of those who've owned this frame for a while please post some pictures? Would really appreciate it

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

flow where ever you go
    Every crank scratches, no matter the material. Those scratches are nothing compared to most aluminum cranks that tend to lose much of their paint over time. I have protective tape on the sides of my FSA cranks so they look new. I occasionally cover the scratches on the ends with nail polish.

As for the old Mojo, any part that is covered in tape is as good as new. As for the rest of it, the paint stays glossy and nice unless it hits rock, then it gets a scratch. You wouldn't notice any scratches without close up photos or inspecting close up in person. The Mojo scratches also get nail polish on occasion which further hides them.
    Last edited by noshortcuts; 01-24-2008 at 09:54 AM.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Here are a couple of recent photos. I will try and take some more detailed pictures of any wear or damage spots on my mojo and my wifes mojo.

Mine
    IMG_2020.JPG

My Wifes
    IMG_2096.JPG

I'll try and get more posted tonight after work.

MTB Monkey
    If you are really concerned, just follow the strategy I use on all my bikes. Let a protective layer of dirt and mud form on everything but the drivetrain. Remove about once year to admire the finish. Repeat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    whoops... see next post

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    Here are a couple of recent photos. I will try and take some more detailed pictures of any wear or damage spots on my mojo and my wifes mojo.

I'll try and get more posted tonight after work.
    Thanks for posting that pic Sean, appreciated. How old are your bikes?

I think I might bite the bullet and go with an original Mojo... I'm coming to the conclusion that the SL won't be worth the wait for me... Now just need to decide on colour... Do I satisfy my carbon fetish or not... or cover it up with green paint...

BTW, love your dog's shoes, they're wicked

Cheers

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tensim
    Thanks for posting that pic Sean, appreciated. How old are your bikes?

I think I might bite the bullet and go with an original Mojo... I'm coming to the conclusion that the SL won't be worth the wait for me... Now just need to decide on colour... Do I satisfy my carbon fetish or not... or cover it up with green paint...

BTW, love your dog's shoes, they're wicked

Cheers
    I got my Mojo October of 2006.
    Amber got hers December of 2006.

www.derbyrims.com
    My clear finished Mojo was arrived to me early August '06. There are a few pinhead sized chips in the clearcoat from stray rock strikes and two 1/4 inch round delaminating paint defects not caused by rocks (not easily visible someday Ill sand and spot clear).

I have pix of my bike in other posts in Ibis but the wear and tear isn't enough to show up in pictures or from more than arm's length in person.

I'd say the clear coat has been stronger in resisting chips, scuffs, and scratches than most painted bikes. About as resistant as powder coated paint on metal.