Thread: which shim

mtbr member

which shim

just received shim kit and was wandering which shim everyone uses in relation to their weight and how much pressure? i am 185lbs, up to 200lbs geared depending.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    just received shim kit and was wandering which shim everyone uses in relation to their weight and how much pressure? i am 185lbs, up to 200lbs geared depending.
    What's the part number ? (I'm assuming you're talking about rp23 fox big canister shim kit) as I'm been thinking of trying it out to prevent bottoming out on the HD without using too much pressure...

interestingly enough I just did the o-ring replacement kit and have to now use 200 psi - about my weight - from 180psi I had been using to prevent too easy bottoming out. I expected new seals to be stiffer/tigher, so have to add 10% more psi... anybody else seen this ? (don't think they use low friction seals like they do now on the forks)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    More information please.

mtbr member
    RP23, volume reducing shims
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    On a Mojo SL with RP23 reduced to about 130mm travel for 650b use I installed the medium volume reducer and it is ideal for me. I'm 170-175 lbs w gear and ran 165psi before, 145psi with the reducer.