mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Set up for Dt Swiss on Mojo

My new Mojo has been built and is waiting for me in NY! Unfortunately I am currently in Auckland, hoping Fishboy has better weather in Rotorua

So does anybody have any advice for when I get my bike as to what PSI I should set my shock (DT Swiss XR Carbon) fork (Talas32 RLC) up to? I weigh 80kg with kit and will be mostly riding cross country, trials like the Sky line, Whites Level in Afan, Wales, so a combo of roots and rocky sections and tight single track..

I have read the Mojo set up guide, which gives me a pretty good idea for the fork, more curious about the DT shock.. Many thanks in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pinnarello Dogma FP2006

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Dt

The DT setting to start out with would be about 140 - 145 psi. (about 80% of your weight)
    H

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I run on the low side of 80% of body weight in lbs, more like 75% of 185 lbs at 140 psi.

One other thing that I noticed is that the DT shock does not take long to break in and that there is not a huge difference between a new shock and one that has been ridden for a couple hundred km.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I am 85 kg with all gears and setting DT swiss according to sag recommendation (25 % sag), I finished at 110 PSI. Is that possible or is there someting wrong with my DT Swiss ?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    On the TALAS, I weigh 88kgs and have settled on 70 psi.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monolink
    I am 85 kg with all gears and setting DT swiss according to sag recommendation (25 % sag), I finished at 110 PSI. Is that possible or is there someting wrong with my DT Swiss ?
    Not at all. I weigh the same and setting up according to the book initially that's almost exactly what I ended up with.

I have tried even lower pressure, but I now ride with a bit more air in there. For some reason it seems that the DT shock doesn't change it's response all that much across a fairly large range of air pressures. I've never come across that before.

But anyway, 110 psi sounds normal for 85 kg on the Mojo.