mtbr member

Securing brake line on top-tube

Hi,

My Mojo is pretty much complete but I'm wondering how everyone is securing their brake lines to the top tube of their Mojo's. Did the Mojo include some ferrules? (My LBS didn't even provide me with a users manual let alone any small parts.)

I'm using Goodridge brake lines and although the fit is close, the lines tend to pop out of the guides now and then. I'm thinking of wrapping some electric tape around the line to thicken the diameter for a snug fit but I thought I'd ask around first.

Oh yeah, the obligatory pic (with a dislodged brake line) :

flow where ever you go

Email Ibis

I'm sure they will mail you the brake hose clips and owner's manual that should have come with the frame.

I lost my clips and emailed them. The first time Ibis mailed them to me, the post office opened the envelope and slit open the zip lock bag and took the rubber items. Very strange. I can only imagine that insanity had to do with anti-terrorism measures. Ibis tried again, but they sent me the wrong item (seat post washers, not hose clips). Anyway, I did not want them bad enough to ask again so I wrapped a small piece of inner tube around the hose and squeezed the hose in place. That works.

the bike looks great! Happy riding.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

we have billions of 'em

please help us by pm ing your address and we'll send a couple and a spare.
    We have sooo many. It will really help us out...
    I'm not kidding. The place is overflowing with them.
    Ibis

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Ken

I'm using Goodridge brake lines and although the fit is close, the lines tend to pop out of the guides now and then. I'm thinking of wrapping some electric tape around the line to thicken the diameter for a snug fit but I thought I'd ask around first.
    Especially with goodridge you might want to consider some extra protection. I use a split cable wrap (and cables crossing in between the cable stops). Nice Bike by the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Use electrical tape, the Ibis pieces don't fit the Goodridge lines very well.

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW
    Use electrical tape, the Ibis pieces don't fit the Goodridge lines very well.
    The fit is very tight, but the Ibis cable stops work for me with Goodridge line. Push them on with the open part on bottom. Also push the piece in to place on the fixed cable guide from the flat (not rounded) side of the fixed cable guide. Does that make sense, or do I need a picture?

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the replies.

Hans will be sending me some ferrules in the mail. Gotta love that service.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They (IBIS) mailed some to me already.
    I find that if I secure the hose at the front and back of the top tube it bows out and hits my leg when the suspension compresses. To avoid that annoyance I leave the rear holder out and let the hose move above the top tube instead. Ain't pretty but it works.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4212darren
    They (IBIS) mailed some to me already.
    I find that if I secure the hose at the front and back of the top tube it bows out and hits my leg when the suspension compresses. To avoid that annoyance I leave the rear holder out and let the hose move above the top tube instead. Ain't pretty but it works.
    Tip:
    Make sure the section of casing between the front triangle and the swingarm is as short as possible. That reduces the bowing out. Also, most of us have a little something (section of tube, zip tie) that goes around both of the casings in back of the seat tube to keep them from sticking out as the suspension moves.
    Cheers!
    Hans

holding back the darkness
    I'm running Stainless Hope lines and found that the Ibis provided cable widgets are a little on the small side. However, I sliced them in half lengthwise and wedged them in the stops with the cables and voila! Success! Cables stay put, it retails some sort of factory look and all is well.
    **** censorship