mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Scot Nicol- Multiple Personality Disorder? What do you think?

Okay, can some one please explain to me the deal with Chuck Ibis? My understanding is it's actually Scot Nicol. But this duel personality thing is a little strange and confusing, don't you think?

HIKE!
    He is prone to pistols at 20 paces, is that the part of the "duel" personality?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Now there is a question, Scot vs Chuck in a duel? Who is quicker on the draw?

mtbr member
    Hello Sopwithcamel,
    Tom from Ibis posting. Scot would be the best one to answer this, but my understanding is that when Scot first founded Ibis a good number of folks who were unfamiliar with what an Ibis actually was assumed that the name was shared with the founder of the company, like some many other companies of that time (i.e. - Ritchey, Fisher, Cunningham).

Not wanting to disappoint the masses, Scot invented his alter ego Chuck Ibis. This dual personality invention also had the side benefit of halving the size of Scot's ego and safely keeping him on the nice guy side of the mountain bike rockstar universe.

Reports that Chuck Ibis was actually the inspiration for 'Bob', of Twin Peaks fame, are completely unsubstantiated as far as you know.
    [just kidding Scot ]

Happy Trails Guys!

Too Much Fun

I've met Scot Nicol...

...AND HE IS NO CHUCK IBIS.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Tall Tom....... I am sure that must make Ibis board meetings real interesting! But I guess as long as Scot or Chuck brings the donuts and coffee or (beer and pizza for a real productive meeting), no one really cares.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'd share a beer with either of them!