mtbr member
    May 2011

Upset The saga continues.......

I've had my Mojo HD since last August. Bought it from an Ibis dealer with the X9 Groupo. Long story short, I've never had good shifting from the X9 drivetrain. I've gone through two font derailleurs and three 39 tooth chain rings as a result of this. If you want more info about my problem, check out the "Sram X9 Drivetrain doesn't work. Period." thread on the drivetrain forum. Anyways, after having MULTIPLE bike shops "adjust" my front derailleur with little to no benefit, the last bike shop did the best so far.

They put a shim in between the front derailleur and the frame at the direct mount, just on the front. This angled the cage of the derailleur in a way that it now points more towards the middle of the rear cassette rather than the little rings.

They also told me: "Sell your bike." That's right. The fifth shop in a row to tell me that my bike simply cannot be fixed....

Just thought I'd share my frustration.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Being it's the front, can't you swap it for a shimano?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by circlesuponcircles View Post
    They also told me: "Sell your bike." That's right. The fifth shop in a row to tell me that my bike simply cannot be fixed....
    Don't sell it, let us check it out and see if the FD mount is messed up. If it is, we'll fix it or replace the front triangle.
    If you would like to go forward with this, here's the contact: warranty@ibiscycles.com
    We'll arrange an RA and get your bike sorted out.

Take care,
    Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks, Hans. You guys actually did check it out this last fall after the guys at ABS couldn't fix it and told me it must be a tolerance issue in the frame. One of your engineers thought that the outside of the front derailleur cage was bowed out and generously replaced it with a new derailleur you guys had "laying around." I thought that was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I left CA the next day and found that the drivetrain was no better off than before.

Just got back from a ride on it after dropping $110 on a new chain ring and derailleur adjust. Same problem persists. I still shifted the chain off the outside of the big ring (and in the process broke my brand new MRP 2x guide) and still had terrible shifting from the little to the big in the front. I'm going to bring it back to the shop to see what they can do, but I'm not too hopeful. Kind of at a loss at this point. I consider myself to be a decent mechanic (just built my xc race bike from scratch with no problems) but this is way beyond my expertise.

Anyways, I'll be back in CA in the fall and I'll swing it by the shop to see what you all think assuming I don't have it fixed by then.....

Appreciate the quick response, and certainly appreciate the help y'all gave me last time I was in CA.