mtbr member

Running into other Mojo riders

How many of you have come across other Mojo riders on the trail?

I've come across 2 other Mojo owners in the last month or so... in the same area of the city.

Met one at a local park (while I was on foot) while I met the other yesterday on route to that park. Both of them had nothing but praise for the bike and had permanent smiles. The first individual was even a member of the forum.

It's great to be a part of the Ibis family. We need a special wave or something like those Corvette owners.

By the way, is anyone here on Facebook? Maybe we can create a Mojo rider group. Haha!

mtbr member
    Yep, ran into a guy at the bottom of a trail last week. Hard to say who was smiling more...probably me by a hair since I was going down and he was going up.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I haven't run into them on trails yeat, but i have seen mojo's on vehicles heading to the same area as me so it is just a matter of time. (of course the area I am talking about is Moab and Fruita so it has a large pool of riders drawn to it )

Mojo's seem to be selling well here on the front range though, so now that winter is truely past I expect to run into quite a few over the summer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Mojos in Cowtown

Hi Ken,

I was the first mojo owner you met at the park. Still loving the mojo...I'm up to about 1500 km on it commuting to and from work and doing whatever trails I can find in the city on weekends. Can't wait for the trails to dry out! I got stopped by a guy on the bike path. He was hauling past me the other way. Somehow he caught the Ibis headbadge as he flew by. He turned around, caught up with me and flagged me down. He was riding an old Ti Ibis with a funky suspension setup. He was a very very very enthusiastic Ibis owner. He had just purchased a Silk and had just decided to purchase a cosmetically damaged mojo with full XTR for a good price. We talked Ibis (well...he talked Ibis and I mostly listened as he had a long love affair going with Ibis!!!). He would be the third owner that I have seen (including you). The dudes at the bike shop said that they had sold seven in Cowtown when I bought mine.

Phil

www.derbyrims.com
    I've seen 3 other Mojo Carbon riders on my favorite local trail in Marin County (Tamarancho). And a few riders on earlier steel and ti Mojo's .

I predict the new Mojo will take over from the Blur (which took over from the Superlight a couple years ago) as Marin's "VW" bike, the most seen bike in Marin County. Although I'm seeing a lot of new Niner singlespeeds too.

mojo mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Ken
    How many of you have come across other Mojo riders on the trail?
    I wonder how long it will be for those of us living in cities without Ibis dealers? I live about 3 hours away from the nearest dealer in Ken's hometown. I wonder if I'll even see any other Mojos around here this year, well unless Ken comes to town.

The riding season has just started here, but all I get from most people so far is looks of confusion. I'm taking the bike to an area with several local race courses this weekend so who knows ... although it seems like the kind of bike that will garner interest even when it reaches VW numbers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by philzmojo
    I was the first mojo owner you met at the park. Still loving the mojo...I'm up to about 1500 km on it commuting to and from work and doing whatever trails I can find in the city on weekends. Can't wait for the trails to dry out! I got stopped by a guy on the bike path. He was hauling past me the other way.
    Phil!

You actually commute using your Mojo? I'd be too paranoid unless I could bring it up to my cubicle with me. I even keep my Mojo in my living room on top of a rug. Hahaha!

Speaking of Silks, I noticed that Calgary cycle has one on special right now. Too bad it's the wrong size for me...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Bike in Office Ogling

Ken,

First month or so I brought it right into the office and it sat about 1 metre away from me all day(I'll admit...not a very productive month for me in the office!). Other office types regularly came by to ogle...even the non-bikers (and the CEO!). Now I bring it into the file archive room on top of the shop.Guess I am lucky to be able to do that. Only way I could get the KMs on it to get ready for the Test of Metal with our snow laden spring and the mountain trails "opening" so late.

Phil

mtbr member
    There's only one or two Ibis owners I've run into in the Chicago area, and none are carbon Ibises. I have yet to see one first hand.

A good friend of mine has an Alibi (that's actually how we became such good friends), and we were in a bike shop in a small town in Michigan. Some kid who worked there came out from back and said someone told him there was an Ibis in the shop. I said no, there were two, and his eyes just lit up. One of the coolest moments I've had with my bike (while not riding it, that is).

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I was the very very enthusiastic Ibis owner. I was on my 98 Bow-ti when I ran into the first Carbon Mojo on the bike path. Only seen the one so far, but I got mine a while ago, for a very good price. I love this bike, except that it makes decision time for what to ride a dilemma. Bow-ti? Ti-mojo? Carbon Mojo? Silk carbon? A nice problem to have.

I was riding once by the stampede grounds one day when I came across this guy looking at a brown bat in distress on the ground. We helped it back into the tree and when we picked up our bikes, we both said HEY! and noticed that we both had an Ibis! I had my Bow-ti, and he had a 97 szazbo! We both were amazed! We called ourselves the Ibis Bat Rescue Society. I have seen a ti-mojo once, and when I reached the top of prairie view trail two years ago, I had a 60 yr old lady ask if My bike was an Ibis. She then stated that she had a 92 steel mojo back home in Kentucky. I thought I was the only Ibis freak in Calgary until the carbon mojos showed up at calgary cycle! thanx Scot, I was gettin lonely at the top!