rides with camera

Running Industry 9 rims tubeless

Posted this in the wheel forum . I know there are lots of Ibis riders who run I9 wheels . I do have a set of I9 wheels on another bike setup with the ZTR Arch rims with very little problems . Has anyone run the new I9 rim with the Stans kit ? If so , how would they compare to Stans ZTR Flow ?

yes they are for a Mojo

Thanks
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

www.derbyrims.com
    Ghetto (split tube) rim strips are best.

Let the good times roll.
    It's not a problem according to sicklines. They mention tubeless towards the end of the article.

http://www.sicklines.com/2009/05/05/...duro-wheelset/

rides with camera
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwisejosh
    It's not a problem according to sicklines. They mention tubeless towards the end of the article.

http://www.sicklines.com/2009/05/05/...duro-wheelset/
    That was a good article . thanks
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

Let the good times roll.
    You're welcome.

T.W.O.

Only one question

Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Ghetto (split tube) rim strips are best.
    I got pretty much all of the step for the Ghetto TL only thing is the contact between the rim and tire. Is the split tube supposed to be in between the two? Is it secure that way how does the tire bead. thanks

mtbr member
    Yes, every time I've done a ghetto setup the tube is between the bead of the tire and the rim.

T.W.O.
    Thanks, I just want to make sure. I've always air up the tire and work it til it pop. Would this pop too.

mtbr member
    Some do, some don't. But it won't pop like stans rims do. Just bring it up to pressure and try rolling the tire with your hands to make sure it's seated well.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    I got pretty much all of the step for the Ghetto TL only thing is the contact between the rim and tire. Is the split tube supposed to be in between the two? Is it secure that way how does the tire bead. thanks
    Yes the ghetto split-tube strip covers the side of the rim. When the sealant sets up it is like a removable glue and the ghetto method produces a continuous somewhat tubular-like tire which is nearly impossible to burp. Metal rim to tire bead is easier to burp when the tire is stressed. I've found using ghetto strips the tires are much easier to mount and seal up than using Stan's strips with the same brand new tires and rims.

Here's a nice how-to ghetto tubeless convert guide from Go-Ride.com:
    http://www.go-ride.com/Articles/ghetto_tubeless.html

emtb.pl
    Yep, I had very good luck with ghetto setups too.
    Most secure and problem free way imo. Plus the 20" tube occured LIGHTER than the Flow rim strip and it has waaaay more secure valve/tube connection (I've thorn two valves from flow strips )

mtbr member
    Make sure to get some Schwalbe tubes if you can. The Schwalbe tubes have Presta valves with removable cores which makes doing maintenance on these a lot easier. The one downside of these is they don't work as well when you try to reuse them like stans strips do, so you want to avoid opening the tire up to add or remove sealant. Having the removable cores makes that unnecessary.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by russya
    Make sure to get some Schwalbe tubes if you can. The Schwalbe tubes have Presta valves with removable cores which makes doing maintenance on these a lot easier. The one downside of these is they don't work as well when you try to reuse them like stans strips do, so you want to avoid opening the tire up to add or remove sealant. Having the removable cores makes that unnecessary.
    I've had no problem reusing ghetto rim strips many times when replacing tires or after repairing punctures and temporary tube use. I have left a few mm extra inner tube that can be seen on each side while inflated which makes it easy to recenter the strip on the rim while mounting a tire.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by russya
    Well now - using schraeders is just the same - ain't it? Plus you can use the gas station compressor if in need.

mtbr member
    Three points to that. 1. You have to drill your rim out to accept the bigger valve. 2. Presta Valves are lighter. 3. You should never air up your tires using a compressor with no way of telling the pressure like at a gas station.