mtbr member
    Apr 2006

RS Revelation U-turn air on a Mojo?

Is any lucky Ibis Mojo carbon owner using this fork on his dream bike? I'm aware that a Fox Talas 32 could be better, but I'm thinking to buy a carbon frame and I'd like to assemble it with my current RS revelation 100-130mm U-turn air: what's your opinion?

mtbr member
    The Talas is not better than the Revelation (other than the extra 10mm of travel for the 07 Talas). The Revelation is more reliable, just as plush, more adjustable, better seals, and is easier to work on. Weight difference is negligible.

www.derbyrims.com
    Some riders, including the Mojo's designer Tom (Tall Tom), prefer a 130 mm travel fork on the Mojo. Compared to the OEM 140 Fox the 130mm travel would be a little quicker turning with more XC feel.

For more rough technical trail, "All mountain" style as I like the most, riding a 130 - 160mm travel adjust range is recommended. I'm on an '06 Nixon Elite 115 - 145 adjust. I use pretty deep sag and never lower it from 145. My next fork when it is discounted next year will probably be the '07 130 - 160 Elite, and leave it at about 145 most of the time but extend it for the rougher trail uses mainly to gain better pedaling clearance and more confidence riding steep drop offs..

Lowering the fork for climbing doesn't make as much difference on the Mojo as most other bikes which usually squat the rear suspension lower and tilt the frame back when climbing.

mtbr member

Axle Crown length

Quote Originally Posted by maurocif
    Is any lucky Ibis Mojo carbon owner using this fork on his dream bike? I'm aware that a Fox Talas 32 could be better, but I'm thinking to buy a carbon frame and I'd like to assemble it with my current RS revelation 100-130mm U-turn air: what's your opinion?
    The axle-crown for the revelation should be 508, the Fox 2007 511 and the 130 Fox 503. So, you should be fine with the Revelation but a bit short with the Fox

I had a similar dilemma because I had a Vanilla/PUSH 130. I spent a a few weeks with it on the Mojo but for my taste it made for too steep a geometry and I switched to a Float 140. I could tell the difference with the geometry when I switched to the Float but on the other side of the coin the FLOAT is pretty bad, nowhere close to the Vanilla/PUSH.

Myself I am debating if to have the Float Pushed (it would add the much needed compression dial) or get a Revelation or the new Marzocchi XC 700 SL 2008 (514 AC)
    Last edited by Davide; 06-08-2007 at 12:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So, thank you for your opinions, confirming that I can use my fork on a Mojo frame.
    Now, the only problem to fix is to buy the frame...

mtbr member
    I'm riding the Revelation Pop-loc, no u-turn, and find it to be a perfect match to the frame. I ride aggressive XC and the bike is literally point and shoot, stable with very nimble steering without being twitchy. Perfect IMHO. I've had great reliabilty with RS, can't say the same for Fox (in the past).