MTBR Contributing Editor

Which RP23 bottom connector do you have

Hey I was wondering which connection system do people have for their bottom bolt on the RP23? I have the one on the left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    My wife's mojo has the setup on the right shock.

flow where ever you go
    my connector looks like the right one

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Trail Rider

On the right

Is that something new?
    [size=4]Don[/size]

flow where ever you go
    I'm having trouble imagining what the extra pivot (?) is for.

mtbr member
    Interesting,I have the one on the right.Is your bike older or newer?
    milesW

www.derbyrims.com
    p-jet - you have the original design '06 mount. About early '07 Ibis changed the lower shock mount. When you order from Fox, they only know of the newer model. You get the whole conversion pieces, shaft, bushing, and reducers with o-rings. It's a little more expensive when replacing bushings but replacing shock bushings is a more rare occurrence compared to my previous bikes. I guess there's less bushing rotation than most others.

I replaced my early model bushing and mount late last spring without really needing to. I had ordered new bushings just to be prepared because my previous bikes would wear one end out every 6 months or less. When I got the new version I emailed Ibis to find out if it was correct. It's kind of uglier but looks better sealed and Ibis says it's supposed to be stiffer. So I replaced the old bushings and mount before they needed it saving the original for back up if needed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Where can I get the newer Fox Bushings? Does Ibis sell them, or do they have to be ordered from a Fox Dealer? If so, what is the size spec for fornt and rear?

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    Where can I get the newer Fox Bushings? Does Ibis sell them, or do they have to be ordered from a Fox Dealer? If so, what is the size spec for fornt and rear?
    they are on Ibis' site

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Where are the bushings listed on the site? I do not see them for sale at the store?

flow where ever you go
    you are right, only the upper shock mount/w/bolts and lower bolts are there, not lower bushings....sorry... give them a call or email.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    If not in the Ibis on-line store, you can order direct from Fox thay also ship the same day or next, or wait longer for your dealer to order it. The Fox CS phone number is on the website, www.foxracingshox.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm trying to pull off the bottom connector on the right, as I want to service the rp23 (it's been over 2 years of hard riding, and due time)

Does anyone have experience removing those reducers? I can't seem to get them to move for the life of me. Is it as simple as a good clamp in a vice and pulling out, then later pressing in w/ same vice?

Any input would be helpful.

Go SOLAR...
    Quote Originally Posted by 24elsinore
    I'm trying to pull off the bottom connector on the right, as I want to service the rp23 (it's been over 2 years of hard riding, and due time)

Does anyone have experience removing those reducers? I can't seem to get them to move for the life of me. Is it as simple as a good clamp in a vice and pulling out, then later pressing in w/ same vice?

Any input would be helpful.
    I also need to know...just got mine from Wheels and sprockets with bushing setup on right. I need to get the silver pieces out.
    Go Solar...

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Somehow I was able to twist mine out with just a strong grip.

Go SOLAR...
    So are they in 2 pieces? How did you get the little reducers out? Damn I swear, always something when trying to ride..LOL
    Go Solar...

OSCMTB
    It's a three piece design. One pin that goes through the shock bushing, and two sleeves that fit over either end. They should twist out but sometimes they get stuck and you need to push them out with sockets. Use a small one to push the pin through and a second larger to accept the pin.

Go SOLAR...
    Got em out....damn what a pain in the arse. Shock is installed and rides pretty damn good. Triad what? HaHa
    Go Solar...