mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Ripley ready to roll!!???

Timer on ibis ripley 29 page? Hans from ibis promised it would be ready for spring riding. Hope so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ripley ready to roll!!???-image.jpg  

MSH
    mtbr member
    Yup. fitnessgeek was on top of it and called it out last night in one of the other Ripley threads. Looking like week of St Patty's is going to be a very big week!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Been waiting for this bike for more than two years. I am a bit concerned that given the super-long gestation period that the geometry will be a bit stale compared with newer 29 bikes. I hope not, as I've had and ridden several Ibis bikes and loved them.

If they can keep the chain stays under 17.7, make it stiff and make the head-angle relatively slack (under 70) on the production design it would appear to be a great trail bike. Hope to see one soon.

In the mean time, I am also watching the Rip 9 RDO and waiting for the SB95c, as the SB95 is a fantastic, but heavy bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaktm View Post
    I am a bit concerned that given the super-long gestation period that the geometry will be a bit stale compared with newer 29 bikes.
    Might there also be a danger if it comes out exactly the same geometry as everything else... Is there anything that would set it apart from the competition?
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by akaktm View Post
    Been waiting for this bike for more than two years. I am a bit concerned that given the super-long gestation period that the geometry will be a bit stale compared with newer 29 bikes. I hope not, as I've had and ridden several Ibis bikes and loved them.

If they can keep the chain stays under 17.7, make it stiff and make the head-angle relatively slack (under 70) on the production design it would appear to be a great trail bike. Hope to see one soon.

In the mean time, I am also watching the Rip 9 RDO and waiting for the SB95c, as the SB95 is a fantastic, but heavy bike.
    If you go to the website, it lists the chain stays at 17.5"
    It also lists the headset as being Angleset compatible.

Purely, subjective on my part but, it would appear that the head angle is fairly slack based on the picture.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick View Post
    If you go to the website, it lists the chain stays at 17.5"
    It also lists the headset as being Angleset compatible.

Purely, subjective on my part but, it would appear that the head angle is fairly slack based on the picture.
    The old 2011 figures were 71 HTA with 120mm fork and 69.5 with a 140mm.
    I imagine this has been tweaked slightly but who knows. The 69.5 HTA with a 140mm would be the same as the TallboyLT (assuming 140mm fork)
    Hans post from Aug 2011...

dw-link 2XC and the Ibis Ripley 29er

mtbr member
    I'd be ready to pre-order one today, and can probably live with different HTA and CS lengths as I am sure the entire package will work well together. On the other hand, especially for the big guys out there, it would be helpful to know the TT lengths of the various sizes.

As per Hans though, they want to release the geometry figures together with ride reports and reviews.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    I'd be ready to pre-order one today, and can probably live with different HTA and CS lengths as I am sure the entire package will work well together. On the other hand, especially for the big guys out there, it would be helpful to know the TT lengths of the various sizes.

As per Hans though, they want to release the geometry figures together with ride reports and reviews.
    Agreed with all of your comments 100%. The TT lengths were my biggest concern coming in but I'm already all in so I'll live with it. From what I have seen of Ibis geom (i've nvr owned one of their bikes) they seem to run slightly shorter TT lengths. I need a minimum of a 24" TT so I'm pretty sure I will be in XL territory and it's the size I went with on my "name in the hat/pre-order" with the dealer I'm working with.

OriginalDonk
    Lopes just tweeted that he was out on his Ripley today and posted a pretty solid photo here: Photo by brianlopes • Instagram

Sounds like they're getting ready to get them out the door with the timer and what may be more freedom to talk about it.

mtbr member

RE: Ripley ready to roll!!???

Its nice to see a water bottle cage inside the front triangle.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
    Lopes just tweeted that he was out on his Ripley today and posted a pretty solid photo here: Photo by brianlopes Instagram

Sounds like they're getting ready to get them out the door with the timer and what may be more freedom to talk about it.
    He's got a ton of seatpost exposed. That looks like the Lev post in the down position. Add 4-5 inches to it when it's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    This was posted from a shop in Orange County: 2013 IBIS Ripley 29 sighting in Orange County

Sounds like it's getting close...

(btw- he cut the course)
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    This was posted from a shop in Orange County: 2013 IBIS Ripley 29 sighting in Orange County

Sounds like it's getting close...

(btw- he cut the course)
    Pretty sure that's the exact same picture that was posted 3 posts up?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The shock on Lopes bike looks like it could be the new X-Fushion Microlite?

OriginalDonk
    I think Evan Plews was running an X-Fusion Microlite on at least one of the iterations of the Ripley he was riding. The shock in the photo looks straight Fox Kashima branding to me based on shaft and sleeve color all the way to what looks like Lopes' people placing a white piece of tape over any Fox logo. Sounds like we should know soon enough.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
    I think Evan Plews was running an X-Fusion Microlite on at least one of the iterations of the Ripley he was riding. The shock in the photo looks straight Fox Kashima branding to me based on shaft and sleeve color all the way to what looks like Lopes' people placing a white piece of tape over any Fox logo. Sounds like we should know soon enough.
    I still think that's the X Fusion Microlite. Looks identical to this pic:
    Ripley ready to roll!!???-p4pb7720573.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    I still think that's the X Fusion Microlite. Looks identical to this pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb7720573.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	774064
    Actually, I agree.. there's more gold above the label in the Ripley picture than you normally see on an RP23 I think

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011

March 18th!?!

Pictures, news bits and a date:
    UPDATED: Ibis Ripley 29er Full Suspension Finally (!!!) Coming to Market in March? - Bike Rumor

Plus I wonder if the counter promises even more than the Ripley. Scot announced several bikes / announcement for this spring. Can't wait.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubas View Post
    Pretty sure that's the exact same picture that was posted 3 posts up?
    Sorry- Yeah, it's the same pic. I was just trying to share the opinion of an Ibis dealer--and one that has a relationship with lopes, so his statements might have a little weight. I'm not into 29ers, so I don't really care that much. But I like to see Ibis doing well and coming out with new products.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 02-22-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey