Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Ripley LS Review!

Ok. I'd wish there was a review too. What's the deal with not hearing any ride reviews yet? Bronson, 5010, Yeti 45C, Pivot Trail etc. Seem like its the only new bike with zero riding feedback. Seems weird to not have any feedback yet. I'm looking at the LS, Trail, or Following. Lots of info on the others. No LS. Rode the v2. Phenomenal uphill. Can't wait to try the LS and finally make a decision.

mtbr member
    I'm probably not the only one that wants to hurt you right now!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Agreed, what a stupid thread title

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Not cool man.

Any how..l called ibis about this very issue... Why didn't they send some LS frames out for testing? Their response was because they didn't view it as a new model, just an improvement. I beg to differ... Strictly by the numbers, it's an entirely different beast than the v1 or standard geo. Ripley. There's literally not a single ride report any where.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hey. Sorry guys. Was really just trying show how weird it is such a highly anticipated bike has no review in any way. And show how many people would love to see a review. Ive sold my Bronson and I'm very interested in the LS. I assume it'll be soon since some are actually shiping. Maybe I should delete this post. Shows the passion we have for Ibis I guess.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    No worries man, I didn't mean to be rude. I just think everyone is very eager to see an LS review and the "!" got us all worked up. I know I was looking forward to being able to procrastinate a little at work while reading about the LS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLoblaw View Post
    No worries man, I didn't mean to be rude. I just think everyone is very eager to see an LS review and the "!" got us all worked up. I know I was looking forward to being able to procrastinate a little at work while reading about the LS.
    I'm pretty sure it says in the Forum rules, that this is a hanging offense. LOL

mtbr member
    Working for an Ibis dealer, finally got in the first LS in an XL for the shop's owner/demo bike today. Apparently first batch large and mediums aren't going to ship until the end of the month,

Do agree it's interesting they haven't had any pro reviews out on it yet, but then if it's a long term test deal (say with Pink-bike or something) they could just have a backlog of review bikes or are waiting to publish stuff until after show season when there are less bike releases/content/other things going on.

Haven't even seen any ride reports yet so hopefully will be able to sneak a ride in later this week and possibly share some first impressions... I'm a happy HD3 owner but always fun to try new bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Bugger me I was so excited,please some one give us the heads up on the LS.
    I am waiting to order a ripley but not till I read some reviews.

Well Biked
    I would think at least a Jeff Kendal Weed edit!

Santa Cruz wasted no time in getting the 5010 and Bronson testers out there. Free publicity never hurts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    And which Ibis dealer do you work for? Sunshine? I would probably make the drive over to Marin Co just to see it and take it for a spin in the P-lot.

Mike
    2015 Tang Ibis Ripley LS XT 1X+Ritchey Carbon Cockpit+Nox Wheels=
    For Sale: 2008 Intense 5.5 FRO XTR/Stans

mtbr member
    Maybe impossible to keep under wraps so they make it official? That said I think asking for an industry review is very fair. Agreed that the LS looks like a completely different bike to me.

I think Ripley owners (v1) can guess what the LS will ride like but I'd love to hear some feedback as well!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The guy I spoke with at Ibis said they'd probably send a bike over to BIKE magazine if they do another Bible of bike tests for 2016. But beyond that, they haven't sent any test bikes out, per their own admission.

So if someone does get to ride an LS model, please be sure to comment on pedaling efficiency during extended climbs and whether or not you noticed an increased amount of pedal strikes (325mm bb height!). Also, fit would be nice if you're a tall guy like me (6'5").

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBeThere View Post
    And which Ibis dealer do you work for? Sunshine? I would probably make the drive over to Marin Co just to see it and take it for a spin in the P-lot.
    Hey Mike,

Yup do work at Sunshine. Not sure if it's on our demo schedule yet but should be no problem to swing by and check it out (again just an XL at this point).

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadiMac22 View Post
    The guy I spoke with at Ibis said they'd probably send a bike over to BIKE magazine if they do another Bible of bike tests for 2016. But beyond that, they haven't sent any test bikes out, per their own admission.

So if someone does get to ride an LS model, please be sure to comment on pedaling efficiency during extended climbs and whether or not you noticed an increased amount of pedal strikes (325mm bb height!). Also, fit would be nice if you're a tall guy like me (6'5").

So heads up. I demoed the v2 standard geo. The bottom bracket was 13.25" with nobby nics. I was worried about the low BB too. No prob. Couple strikes on a big climb. Way less than I thought there'd be.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm an XL guy so it will be perfect. I'll call before I come over and make sure the bikes around.
    Quote Originally Posted by evo233 View Post
    Hey Mike,

Yup do work at Sunshine. Not sure if it's on our demo schedule yet but should be no problem to swing by and check it out (again just an XL at this point).
    2015 Tang Ibis Ripley LS XT 1X+Ritchey Carbon Cockpit+Nox Wheels=
    For Sale: 2008 Intense 5.5 FRO XTR/Stans

mtbr member
    I was disappointed in the absence of Ibis at the Interbike Dirt Demo, but not surprised. I had the Ripley LS on my list and was able to ride the Mach 429 Trail and The Following for comparison but didn't happen.

Sounds like I'm not the only disappointed one.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Krob,

I missed IB Dirt Demo for the first time in 6 years kinda bummed but when Yeti Santa Cruz and Ibis pulled out last year I was worried about enough "fun" bikes to ride. Who was there?

I have ridden a million Intenses and rode a following for a while so looks like Pivot M429T was the only miss for me. What did you think of it, how was the fit with the shorter reach? There has not been much coverage yet...except fatbikes..

Thanks

mtbr member
    Climb it on your bike

mtbr member
    Last edited by expatrider; 11-13-2015 at 02:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FREDGOAT View Post
    Funny to see the absence of a review inspires more comment than the first review itself ;-)
    Climb it on your bike

melon farmer
    http://enduro-mtb.com/en/bike-check-...-ripley-29-ls/

Not quite a review but its the best i got

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I have a friend who's racing for Ibis and I checked out his LS last weekend with the new X-Fusion bits. He's pretty stoked on them so far but thinks the 2016 Fox stuff is a little nicer..

I can't wait until he can get me a demo XL.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I recently rode a std. Ripley at Outerbike [ no LS available ] and several rides on the Pivot Trail. The Ripley climbed very well and used all its travel on the chunky Moab downs. The climbing was excellent as expected but on the rocky drops you realized it was 120mm on the rear. The Pivot climbed about the same or very small diff. from the Ripley but on the downs it was softer and more controlled at the end of its travel. The Pivots travel seemed more like 130mm when riding. I'm still hoping to ride an LS as its at the top of my list. Ironically a riding friend rode with our group the week after on a new LS. No factory bikes few dealer bikes but they want my $6000, go figure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast