mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Ripley down tube protection, any ideas? Oh yeah, post some ride reviews people!

Any bolt or glue on BB and down tube protection available for the Ripley? My last few carbon bike came with some protection. It doesn't look like the Ripley does? Anyway, I ordered a Medium, hopefully mine is on the fast boat. Getting anxious!

Oh yeah, come on people, post some ride reviews, I know there are folks riding around on larges already.

It's the axle
    I'll be getting some helicopter tape off ebay, or something.

And yeah, where the HELL are those stinking reviews!!!1eleven
    Note to self: 85% of FTP for 20 min.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Got some helicopter tape off amazon. It's like 33 feet for 35 bucks or so. Put it on the top tube, down tube and chain stays. In areas by the chain, I used 3m tape from home depot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'll be making a protection plate for the Ripely as soon as I can get my hands on a frame. The local shop is supposed to call when they get one in...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I do have a bunch of helicopter tape, it works pretty well but still takes some rock dings, a stick on carbon protector would be much better. One came standard on my Superfly. I would buy it if they had it, looks ibis has one for the Mojo but not the Ripley, yet perhaps? Ibis, is this coming?

Something like this on the SC Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon Down Tube Protector | Mountain Bike Review

or

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Cyto PM me when you have one for the Ripley. I wish I could get my hands on a frame too! Larges should be showing up locally any day now. Unfortunately I am a Med so it could be a another month. Thanks for the reply, just trying to protect the carbon from rock dings shooting up. The bikes ain't cheap!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ripley is the goods! Just Demoed one yesterday. Size large, as that is all they have out at this point. Other sizes to follow shortly. I am 6' 180 lbs. It does everything better than my 23 lb hard tail Niner. climbs better, faster, rolls effortlessly thru and over everything I want to ride. Can't speak to big hit down hill stuff, cuz that's not my gig, but if you want to go fast, laugh out loud and climb like a billy goat, this is your bike.