mtbr member
    May 2011

Ripley - did you sell yours?

I'm considering a Ripley, but it seems like there have been quite a few (more than I'd expect) for sale lightly used on the forums lately. Anyone else noticed this? Kind of worrying me since I can't get a trail demo in - wondering what people didn't like about theirs, or if they just ordered the wrong size, etc.

mtbr member
    I have about 15 miles on the demo I've had for the past few days.. an I also demoed one set up completely different a few weeks ago... I think people were thinking that it was going to be "the one" bike.. it is a xc/trail slayer.. not an All Mountain do all bike... I mean, you can ride it for all mountain, but if you wanna huck it off 4 footers all the time.. prolly better off with the HDR... I have a mojo HD already that I use for everything from xc, AM, FR, sometimes DH... but I want a FAST xc/trail bike that I can kill the trails with, but also race.. I think for a DO ALL 29er people are more leaning toward a tallboy LTC or a YETI SB-95C as they have more travel etc.. but they don't pedal nearly as good... That's my opinion.. but I will be buying a ripley pretty much to replace my 29er carbon hardtail.. as the ripley is that fast...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ripley will be a second bike to my HD too. Would be nice to have only one and put the money towards the Ripley; pretty sure I would be missing the HD after a few weeks.

mtbr member
    it definitely will not replace an HD.. especially if you love your jumps an drops.. the ripley handles them.. but it doesn't live for them like the HD does..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp