Thread: Ripley colors

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Ripley colors

I an pulling the trigger on a Ripley either this fall or next spring. I know colors shouldn't matter but I'm not that into the blue and green/black options, although i haven't seen either of them in person (no one stocks them in my area).

Question: how often does Ibis typically change their colors? yearly? random?

Thanks.

Sponge Brain
    Mar 2009
    Colors have generally been model specific. As far as I can recall, only the Mojo SL added colors when the standard Mojo was discontinued. It's a pretty safe bet that the black/green or blue will be the options going forward.

But maybe Hans can chime in with a counter point...

mtbr member
    Tom from Ibis posting.

At the present time there is no plan to change the Ripley colors. As mtnzj noted, our colors are not model year specific. Adding additional colors or switching colors is not as simple as it may seem. Each change or addition affects the availability of the frames. Each color you add increases the likelihood of us not having the one in the size and color that you want at any given time.

We aim to offer color combinations that will appeal to the widest possible audience. We're never going to keep everyone happy, but generally I think we succeed in keeping most people happy. I encourage you to try and see one of the Ripley frames in person if you haven't already. You might be surprised. It can be very hard to get an accurate impression of the colors based on a photograph.

Take Care,
    Tom

mtbr member

Ripley colors

I did not like the pictures of either color either, but ordered the black/ green. I love it.
    The green is much more subtle in person, especially with a coat of dust on it. I have it seen the blue yet.

If you can I would see one in person.

mtbr member
    Ditto. I find the blue to look pretty turquoise or teal in photos, but in person I think it looks great (which is good since I own one.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The black green is sick when seen in person. I can't do the appearance justice in words. At the ibis demo, I was blown away. After riding, the obsession kicked in. Made the order within two weeks. The details in the green pin stripes are impressive. The ride...the only reason why I ever considered a wagon wheel.

mtbr member
    The blue was the best color at Eurorbike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Tom View Post
    Tom from Ibis posting.

At the present time there is no plan to change the Ripley colors. As mtnzj noted, our colors are not model year specific. Adding additional colors or switching colors is not as simple as it may seem. Each change or addition affects the availability of the frames. Each color you add increases the likelihood of us not having the one in the size and color that you want at any given time.

We aim to offer color combinations that will appeal to the widest possible audience. We're never going to keep everyone happy, but generally I think we succeed in keeping most people happy. I encourage you to try and see one of the Ripley frames in person if you haven't already. You might be surprised. It can be very hard to get an accurate impression of the colors based on a photograph.

Take Care,
    Tom
    Pretty much it. Not an Ibis, but when I bought my SJ the red looked horrible on the website, so I went in to the LBS looking for the other color scheme, once I saw the red in person, that's what I bought.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member

Ripley colors

The black/green was not my favorite in the web, but is pretty hot in person. Better yet, I've never had a better riding mtb!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I love my blue ibis, I think you should buy a green one so there are less of the blue ones floating around, haha!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for the input....XL green it is. I just need to sell my HDR 650b frame now (650b just wasn't for me) so wife doesn't kill me...it's going on sale tomorrow in PAID classifieds and eBay, just need to get some pictures taken.