mtbr member
    May 2007

Ripley blue color, is it too pastel?

Hey all,

Some of you may remember me trying to figure out if I wanted an sl-r or hd.... well I decided on a ripley! Just wanted some quick input on the color. I like the blue, but I can't tell how pastel it is in natural light. Can anyone who has one/seen one in blue comment on the color? I just don't want to think "easter" every time I see it... ok, I'm going overboard, but anyway.

Thanks! I can't wait to get this.

mtbr member
    check out the IBIS facebook page or the gopro page, they have a pic of Lopes racing the blue Ripley at Sea Otter and its a pretty exposed picture and shows the color pretty good

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I just got bike from a week in Fruita, and OTE sports had a blue one on the floor. When I first saw the two colors choices online I had planned on going with the green - no contest. But now after seeing the blue, I'm not so sure, the blue looked pretty sweet. I still want to see the green, but I easily could live with that blue.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I was showing the bikes to a couple co-workers who don't ride, so they don't have any idea what the bike is. But from just a cosmetic view point they thought the blue was a little weak and thought the black looked cooler.

I kind of like the blue myself...not a big fan of the green. If they made the black frame with white or that blue mixed in......

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I've got the original Mojo C in blue and the Ripley Blue looks the same to me. In my opinion--the best color they've had.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks all, you've helped me make up my mind!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just saw a blue one today (have seen the matte several times) and it's gorgeous in person. The online pics make it look pastel whereas to me it looks like the rich Mojo C blue.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I placed my order yesterday. I'll be sure to post a review once I get it.

mtbr member

Ripley blue color, is it too pastel?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppman View Post
    Hey all,

Some of you may remember me trying to figure out if I wanted an sl-r or hd.... well I decided on a ripley! Just wanted some quick input on the color. I like the blue, but I can't tell how pastel it is in natural light. Can anyone who has one/seen one in blue comment on the color? I just don't want to think "easter" every time I see it... ok, I'm going overboard, but anyway.

Thanks! I can't wait to get this.
    Not pastely at all- looks sweet in person, saw it yesterday at my lbs

mtbr member
    1. Dark blue ... 2. White ... 3. Dark Red ... 4. Gloss Black would also rock ! I had to go with the black and green myself. Oh ... the blue .... yes it is too pastel for me but I am a dark color guy!Ripley blue color, is it too pastel?-0603122009.jpg This here is blue !
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 05-02-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    I wish my HD was that color blue. That is the best looking color I have seen on a bike, but then again I am partial to blue.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Personally I'm a bit let down by the two color options they have. Most of my riding crew are too. I know colors are a very personal preference, but I wish they had gone with a basic straight up naked carbon w subtle graphics like the HD or SL. I could maybe live w the black and green, but the blue is def out for me. I'm having a hard time imagining dropping almost $3k on a frame that I'm not stone cold blown away by. Anyone else feel the same? Maybe they will intro some new colors halfway thru the production run? Or do y'all think I'm gonna have to wait for next years bikes?

mtbr member
    I feel the same way. Why not go with one boring black frame/white decals option?

mtbr member

Can these Rip colors just get along?

First off which color is going to be faster ? Which color will podium the most ? Will one color tend to be faster on the climbs ... one color faster on the descents ? It's not gonna be like a civil war deal right ? Blue Union ... Black Confederate ? Hopefully this can help with folks on the fence on choosing a color ?
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares