Antagonist

Replacement SL shock options?

Hi.

Anyone know of an off the shelf shock option for the Mojo SL platform? I'm having to have my RPL (emergency) serviced again, and at this point the downtime really has me considering a backup.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    X-Fusion O2. Ibis uses these on their "Special Blend" builds for the Mojo SL. Tons of very positive reviews (myself included).

mtbr member

Replacement SL shock options?

Rock Shox Monarch is an awesome choice too.

Commit or eat sh!t
    You can always get it Pushed

Antagonist
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm not looking to change the performance of what I have really. I'm just interested in maybe getting a backup unit that I can use when mine inevitably needs to be serviced.

I've read about the X Fusions being used in the special blend. I'd be willing to try it, but this is where the "off the shelf" part of the question comes in specifically. Last time I had my RPL replaced, I was told that the shock was specially made for the Mojo SL, so it wasn't quite standard in size. If the X Fusions being used in the special blend kits is another one off implementation, then it's not really off the shelf... as in something I can order from any retailer.

mtbr member
    Off the shelf shocks will come with different optional tunes, with Mojo's generally using lighter damping, but the sizing is standard.... eye to eye length is 7.875, stroke is 2". I'd talk directly to Ibis or the shock maker/tuner to confirm which tune is best, or search the forums...I've seen it on here for Fox and Rock Shox both but don't recall off the top of my head. I seem to recall the recommended Monarch tune is Light compression, medium rebound, but don't quote me on that. If a shock doesn't come with the right mounting hardware you can buy another set from the ibis store or just use it off your existing one.

screamer
    For what it's worth, my "off the shelf" O2 performs better than my custom tuned (push) rp23. Looking forward to getting the o2 tuned for the dwlink some day, but frankly it's so good the way it is, I don't want the down time!
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

Antagonist
    Okay. Thanks for the feedback. I was under the impression that the actual physical size was different. I'll research the tune characteristics and see what I can find (I'm open to suggestions as far as the best place to order something).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    For what it's worth, my "off the shelf" O2 performs better than my custom tuned (push) rp23. Looking forward to getting the o2 tuned for the dwlink some day, but frankly it's so good the way it is, I don't want the down time!
    Good to know. X-Fusion's really got it going on these days
    Last edited by doismellbacon; 09-05-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Not many left, but here's a really inexpensive option on some left over inventory that we have. Fully serviced and Factory Tuned:

Push Industries - 7.875 x 2.0 FOX RP23 Refurb

http://http://www.pushindustries.com...&type=products

Darren

Antagonist
    Thanks, Darren. Out of curiousity are any of those units tuned for d-link specifically?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spill View Post
    Thanks, Darren. Out of curiousity are any of those units tuned for d-link specifically?
    Each one is custom built to order for each customer, so yes!

Darren

meh
    You can purchase custom DW tuned XFusion shocks direct from XFusion, as another option, they come highly regarded