mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Release date for HD's pushed back?

I was down at the local shop sniffing around to see if they had any information on when my HD would be in......Word on the street is at the latest June, and no earlier than May. Anyone got any info on what's going on over at Ibis headquarters and why they pushed the dates back?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

On track

The first production is still on track for end of March early April.
    There are a lot of orders and it will take a while to catch up though
    Maybe that's the source of the incorrect rumor...
    H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks Hans. Not sure why I was told that at my local shop. I placed an order for an HD with them in August '09 so I just assumed that my bike would have been one of the first off the line. I was a bit stunned when I was told I would not get my bike until possibly June. Which sucks as I sold my Mojo figuring I'd have an HD in early spring. Anyway, that's not your problem, but thanks for clarifying. Cheers.
    Last edited by gearhunter; 03-17-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Proud lame eBiker
    We just became a dealer and back-ordered a few HD's with the expected delivery date of August. So maybe your shop just placed the order a few months ago thinking they were still ahead of the game? Purely guessing.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Or maybe my shop told me that they placed the order and didn't? Or maybe even back in August when I placed the order they were already backed up? Or since it's an XL it is the last size made per run? Color certainly does not matter, that was made clear...

Who knows, whatever the reason...I'll probably never know. Interesting to find out that your wait time Internal14 is 6 months as I have been waiting 7 1/2 or so and it will be close to 10 or 11 before I see mine. Although when I ordered mine, they had not even finalized the design, well enough whining on my part...I guess my body gets **** kicked for a few extra months on my SS.
    Last edited by gearhunter; 03-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter
    Or maybe my shop told me that they placed the order and didn't? Or maybe even back in August when I placed the order they were already backed up? Or since it's an XL it is the last size made per run? Color certainly does not matter, that was made clear...

Who knows, whatever the reason...I'll probably never know. Interesting to find out that your wait time Internal14 is 6 months as I have been waiting 7 1/2 or so and it will be close to 10 or 11 before I see mine. Although when I ordered mine, they had not even finalized the design, well enough whining on my part...I guess my body gets **** kicked for a few extra months on my SS.
    If your order is really that old, I suspect you will get your frame within about 8 weeks or so.

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    8 weeks, well that's about when they said I would receive it. It's mid March so that's mid May. I was told June at the latest as a heads up...So that makes perfect sense to me. Man, I though I had placed my order early, was I wrong. Thanks Hans.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Still waiting....Although I guess I could have got one from Calgary Cycle since for some reason they could get one before my LBS even though they had not even ordered it and placed it on hold, if I wanted it...WTF? I'll wait and support my LBS. I just wish Ibis had of waited a little longer before announcing the HD and been closer to production like Santa Cruz has done with the Nomad. Pretty sure I am not the only fool who sold his Mojo over the winter thinking he would have a new bike to ride in the spring, especially since it was ordered in August. Holy frack what a whiny biatch I am....Patience gearhunter, patience.
    Last edited by gearhunter; 05-20-2010 at 07:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Still waiting....Although I guess I could have got one from Calgary Cycle since for some reason they could get one before my LBS even though they had not even ordered it and placed it on hold, if I wanted it...WTF? I'll wait and support my LBS. I just wish Ibis had of waited a little longer before announcing the HD and been closer to production like Santa Cruz has done with the Nomad. Pretty sure I am not the only fool who sold his Mojo over the winter thinking he would have a new bike to ride in the spring, especially since it was ordered in August. Holy frack what a whiny biatch I am....Patience gearhunter, patience.
    haha dude quit whining! at least you have one on the way! i have about $20 saved towards my 'eventual' mojo SL/HD.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If it's any concelation, I can't ride my Mojo SL because I sold my '08 talas forks waiting on 2011's which I'm told won't be available till june now. To top it off it's dry and sunny out.

Mojo

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Well, that's nice. Hans sent me a message, maybe it'll speed things up. Regardless I appreciate the contact. Thanks Hans.

Mojo Man I feel your pain, thanks though, as your pain made me smile, for some sick reason.

aka dan51
    I know of an LBS with an XL frame in stock. Every day I threaten to go buy it. But I can't really justify getting it since my Mojo easily handles everything I throw at it. Saw it last night, it's sooo pretty. I may just get it to hang on the wall, it is an awesome piece of art. Maybe I'll get it today...
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    May 2007

I know of that XL Vitamin P HD...

Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    I know of an LBS with an XL frame in stock. Every day I threaten to go buy it. But I can't really justify getting it since my Mojo easily handles everything I throw at it. Saw it last night, it's sooo pretty. I may just get it to hang on the wall, it is an awesome piece of art. Maybe I'll get it today...
    I was staring at it today wondering why no one has bought it. They were building up a white HD with the Talas 180 on it while I was dropping off my Mojo earlier today. Awesome looking bike!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    11 months now and still patiently waiting, starting to get a bit frustrated to be honest...I kinda feel like I have been held hostage by this whole thing. It's coming, you should get it in 8 weeks...Now it's 12 weeks and no one seems to know when I will get it. What a load of crap, why? I am in awe of Ibis' communication with me from the get go, but they really dropped the ball on this one. If I had known how this would turn out I would have bought second hand to tide me over. All I was asking for was a date, a solid one, not a vague one, was that too much to ask? To top it off I'll get another kick in the balls as the government of BC has a new tax (the HST, the Harper Sales Tax) on bicycles that will increase my price by 7% effective July 1st. Patience gearhunter, patience...It's coming...Just don't think about the sweet tacky dirt from last nights rain and the myriad of cyclists cruising by smiling....Jerks!
    Last edited by gearhunter; 06-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Gearhunter, your patience will be rewarded. 2 months from now you will be wiping the dirt from your smile on the trail hardly remembering the wait to get your new prize. I am getting anxious too. Just slowly gathering my parts to assemble my new AM rocket! Good things come to those who wait,...right? Hope this is true!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Bump for a date...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I prefer to help people on personal requests via email or pm.

You are 3rd in line for a green XL HD, there are 3 planned to be shipped 6/29 from the factory, if all goes well, one of those will be for you.

The order from the shop was actually placed January 11th of 2010. Perhaps they waited until we released pricing info around that time, I don't know. Anyway, the frame should be along pretty soon.

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    There has certainly been some mis-information coming to me so please accept my apologies for not contacting you directly. After our last volley of emails I just figured you had an idea and knew when it had been ordered, and when I did not receive it when you told me it would come I got pissed off, and brought it into the ether of the internet. I really feel like a tool, spewing ******** on the mtbr forums about the length of time. Since from your POV the bike was not ordered when I was told it was. I'll just keep waiting. Thanks again Hans, sorry. 'Nuff said
    Last edited by gearhunter; 06-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Sweet. Got it. No time for forum talk, time to ride!

If you are waiting, be patient, it's worth the wait. First impressions (6'6", 260LBS), I broke 'er cherry on a 1 hour climb, 10 minutes down on a sweet new trail in Fernie called Swine Flu...Stock weight with xt spd, X9 kit is a tad under 30 pounds (XL frame). It climbs like a mojo and I did not seem to notice the extra weight. Night and day on the rear end, super stiff. Only a first impression but I sure am stoked. My rear end sure hurts though, too much time off a bike. Well it's 5:45 AM Canada Day, the suns up, the trails will be empty and there will be lots of wildlife waking, so it's time to ride. This thread is toast. Thanks to all who wrote words of encouragement, it helped, cause waiting sucks the high hard one! Cheers.

Gearhunter
    Last edited by gearhunter; 07-01-2010 at 04:53 AM.