Gimme dat!!

Recently Complete IBIS Project

I just finished this bike and am dying to ride it this weekend.

I am running an ENO and looking forward to stressing it. I have had a little trouble with the hub slipping when stressed. Has anyone else dealt with this and if so what was the remedy? I figure that I just need to get more physical when tightening it down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nice ride!

Very nice! FWIW you can run an Ibis with a 34 x 19 without a tensioner. The chain will fit perfect and if you use a sram it won't stretch. Have fun with your new ride!

Gimme dat!!
    I am running a PC-58 but it is too late to go without a tensioner. The ENO is beautiful and fits the ride well.

Are you riding the same frame?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    yep, crank that sucka' down tighter. lotsa grease on the bolts and threads, too, so you can do it nice and tight, and not have it get stuck!

got mine on a road fixie, and had to do the bolts up tighter than i had them the first few tries. looks good! may want to get your chain a tad bit tighter though, looks like it's loose enough that you may loose it cranking over rough stuff.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Gimme dat!!
    it's loose cause i was cranking over something and it slipped...i didn't tighten it for the photo

what a bad owner...letting it be seen with a loose chain (i did notice it after i took the pic)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Well.....

My handle is ibis-ss. ;-) I rode an Ibis ss (still have frame) for a year and got a custom Soulcraft with horoizontal drops and disc brakes. The Ibis with a 100mm fork is a great bike and the second best bike I have ridden next to the Soulcraft.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

ibis SS conversion????

Quote Originally Posted by ibis-ss
    Very nice! FWIW you can run an Ibis with a 34 x 19 without a tensioner. The chain will fit perfect and if you use a sram it won't stretch. Have fun with your new ride!

34 x 19, is that good for ANY size Ibis??? I have a Maitai that I am thinking about converting to SS. But, it is an XS frame, 15.5". So, I wonder if the chainstay length is the same for all the ibis models, regardless of size.

artistic...

ask on the retro board but

Quote Originally Posted by stevie nicks
    34 x 19, is that good for ANY size Ibis??? I have a Maitai that I am thinking about converting to SS. But, it is an XS frame, 15.5". So, I wonder if the chainstay length is the same for all the ibis models, regardless of size.
    i would guess it shares the mojo geom.. the mai tai is cool. never seen one outside the mag pages... it's the non butted ibis ti.. don't remeber if those were welded at ibis factory... wishbone stays right?
    what size is yours?

mtbr member

black is nice

that black fork looks much better than the red you put on for the first picture.

there is a chance I might make it down to St. George on the 8, 9, 10 of April....that is if Kara doesn't pop. The pregnant lady wants to go lay by a pool, and she gave me permission to ride while she lounges.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    i would guess it shares the mojo geom.. the mai tai is cool. never seen one outside the mag pages... it's the non butted ibis ti.. don't remeber if those were welded at ibis factory... wishbone stays right?
    what size is yours?

its a 15.5", they call it X-Small. I got it in spring, 1999, maybe one of the last ones made. It has wishbone stays.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevie nicks; 03-11-2004 at 02:44 PM. Reason: bad bad grammar

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ibis-ss
    I converted my timojo to a single speed last sept. I am using the paul components tensioner, but the track sram chain catches. Frame size is medium, I assume a 34x19 would work? Any other suggests, the soulcraft convert? I am currently running 32x15. Thanks