mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Rear shock for Mojo HD: Bikeco's Roco TST vs Bos Kirk

Hey all, I'm looking for some feedback from riders who have ridden either or both of these shocks or have some insight they would like to give. I have a Bos Deville 160mm up front, which I LOVE, but it is outperforming the poor RP23 that I have it mated up to.

I do a lot of climbing and like the ability to tighten up the compression dampening of my suspension on the fly, which is why I'm kinda leaning to toward the TST. I know the kirk has a compression dampening knob, which I would consider soddering a lever to so I could do the same thing.

The reason I'm considering the Kirk is that the Bos Deville has been SO unbelievably awesome on the front of the Mojo that I am eager to see how well the Kirk could do on the rear. However, I'm a little anxious about putting an untested product on the Mojo, especially cause I don't know how well/how much testing they have done to appropriately valve the shock to the Mojo's linkage and suspension characteristics.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hello! I have a TST from the Bikeco and its just awesome! Way better than my old RP23.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Have you found that the TST is pretty effective for climbing? That's one of my biggest complaints about the RP23 is how the propedal lever doesn't make much difference. It's one of the older models.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    been on the TST for 3 months now.. awesome.. performs like a coil when manualing etc.. an the "compression" knob as you call it works. At first I thought it was completely linear.. but after being in the woods with complete silence a few weeks back, I actually heard it click in different spots. I think it has 5 settings. I love my TST an will never go back to the rp-23 with volume spacer.. things garbage compared. As far as climbing, yes, it works.. I usually leave it in the middle position for climbing, all the way on (which is almost fully locked out) for roads, an obviously full open for everything in between... Here's more info on that shock... So I finally ordered a rear shock! 2013 Roco TST air
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have had mine over a year. Still smooth. The TST is great. Full open for gnarl 1/3 to half closed for smooth singltrack and traverses, average climbs and 3/4 for road. I don't like the full locked out feel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Any of you guys running a shimmed version of the TST? I'm looking at a 7.875x2.25 version to do a 650B conversion and curious if you guys have been down this "147mm of travel" path or running standard unshimmed 8.5x2.5 or 7.875x2 sizes. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke