Thread: Really?

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006

Really?

The Mojo is really that good? I've yet to see a negative review on the Mojo and I'm totally shocked at the reader review rating it gets on MTBR for the 2007 frame, no negative reviews at all with 50+ reviews, simply jaw dropping. It also amazes me that it's actually reasonably priced even with full XTR. The Ibis Mojo is possibly the ultimate AM frame?

Founder: Dirty3hirties

Believe it...

Quote Originally Posted by RTTR
    The Mojo is really that good? I've yet to see a negative review on the Mojo and I'm totally shocked at the reader review rating it gets on MTBR for the 2007 frame, no negative reviews at all with 50+ reviews, simply jaw dropping. It also amazes me that it's actually reasonably priced even with full XTR. The Ibis Mojo is possibly the ultimate AM frame?
    Actually, there was a bad review about 1 month ago....torched the Mojo...caused a huge uproar. Turned out that it was a bogus review. The guy posted the same review on other boutique brands. I think those were removed as well. Funny....if the guy just would have been less negative and not so "over the top", the review probably would have stuck and his goal of tarnishing the perfect rating would have most likely stuck.

But don't go on the reviews. Ride one. I knew the perfect rating was there but didn't even bother reading them. You can't ask questions to those reviews. Find out info here, RIDE ONE, then decide.

mtbr member
    No, it is actually a horrible bike. This is just a conspiracy to lure people into the forum and then magically enslave them into being Mojos for the rest of their lifes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1b.jpg (245.2 KB, 309 views)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    No, it is actually a horrible bike. This is just a conspiracy to lure people into the forum and then magically enslave them into being Mojos for the rest of their lifes.
    I told you guys Ibis were evil!
    I knew this ten years ago, when I bought a Bow-ti, and have been under their spell ever since! I now have purchased 5 bikes from them, including a Silk Carbon, Standard '07MojoSL, and an '08 Mojo SL, and my sweet little Gold medal winning '99 Ti-Mojo.
    I FRIKKIN LOVE IBIS!
    Do I need a Tranny? HHMMMMM!

Pedal Power
    Aug 2006
    One major question I have is how good is the paint quality on these bikes? The orange and green paint looks sick but not if it rubs off by touching it.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    whether it is the ultimate all mountain bike depends a lot on your definition of all moutain. i (and others) have mine built heavy running a coil rear shock and 160mm fork and I put them both to very good use in Colorado and Utah. but if you were to ask someone like foshizzel then you will get an answer that carbon is really good for road bikes (although I think even to' is getting to be pretty impressed with the customer service and presence of ibis on this forum).

for me personally it is in fact the ultimate all mountain bike. just over a year of riding it on the best riding Colorado and western Utah has to offer and I just can't believe how the bike has performed and held up.

mtbr member
    One major question I have is how good is the paint quality on these bikes? The orange and green paint looks sick but not if it rubs off by touching it.
    yeah the paint seems to chip all over the place without protection. i put this protective stuff called Bonk all over the underside of my bike, and then some slivers of protective frame strips. but when the paint chips (the worst is the paint all torn up along the bottom bracket because the chain sometimes falls off the small ring), it sux. i have it pretty well protected now tho, no biggie. the routine: protect, see where some new chip occurs, use touchup paint, protect that part, repeat as necessary. eventually it'll be bombproof!

mtbr member
    I crashed trying to push the spec WTF Hutchinsons, the SL matte frame drug the earth. Zero evidence of damage on the frame, the new XTR pedal was thrashed. Luck, or does this new anti-clear coat finish on the SL make this paint on carbon argument obsolete. Ten years ago I complained about not being able to keep the orange paint on my steel mojo. Thus, as natural ti frames taught me over time, paint does not belong on mountain equipment.