mtbr member
    Jul 2011

PUSHED RC4 on HD

Hello all,

I have seen a few post recently about coil shocks and which are the best and I wanted to give a review of a PUSHED 2012 RC4 on my HD...

I have had the RC4 for about 6 months and I have spent a lot of time "playing with" the settings. I never quite got the shock were I wanted it to be. It felt better than the DHX air I had originally but I had read reviews of coil "transforming the bike" and I never quite got that...

I run the bike as a mini DH bike that I pedal to the top of the hills and take to bike parks I am in upstate NY so this bike has sees Whiteface and Plattekill a few times a year. I run a 180 Float up front. My biggest concern was control on the descents and control on drops and jumps (I also do quite a bit of FR with it also)

It only took about a week from the time I sent it to PUSH and the time I got it back. I will note that I increased the rebound 3 clicks... WOW!!! It feels like a completely different shock. It tracks the rough so much better, feels plush and predictable and still POPS of the lips. It feels like it has more travel now yet it is smooth at the end stroke, even bottoming out feels great. The new PUSH bump stop FEELS better!!

I know that you "should" be able to tune the shock yourself with all the adjustments on the RC4 but there is somthing to the custom re-vale... the shock feels like it was created for MY BIKE! Worth every penny!

Here are some picks for you to enjoy:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PUSHED RC4 on HD-john%2520bikeing.jpg  

PUSHED RC4 on HD-p4pb8378484%5B1%5D.jpg  

www.derbyrims.com
    Way to ride it!

I'm a coiled Mojo fan, no doubt. Nice bike! Push does amazing work.

Kashima coated fork, shock! ...and pedals?

Are the Flow rims holding up launching big jumps. If the tires are mounted tubeless, which model tires? what type of rim stips? No burps?

mtbr member
    Nice bike!

I recently noticed PUSH working on RC4's and was curious how much of a difference their re-valve made. Thanks for the review.

mtbr member
    Hello all,

I have seen a few post recently about coil shocks and which are the best and I wanted to give a review of a PUSHED 2012 RC4 on my HD...

I have had the RC4 for about 6 months and I have spent a lot of time "playing with" the settings. I never quite got the shock were I wanted it to be. It felt better than the DHX air I had originally but I had read reviews of coil "transforming the bike" and I never quite got that...

I run the bike as a mini DH bike that I pedal to the top of the hills and take to bike parks I am in upstate NY so this bike has sees Whiteface and Plattekill a few times a year. I run a 180 Float up front. My biggest concern was control on the descents and control on drops and jumps (I also do quite a bit of FR with it also)

It only took about a week from the time I sent it to PUSH and the time I got it back. I will note that I increased the rebound 3 clicks... WOW!!! It feels like a completely different shock. It tracks the rough so much better, feels plush and predictable and still POPS of the lips. It feels like it has more travel now yet it is smooth at the end stroke, even bottoming out feels great. The new PUSH bump stop FEELS better!!

I know that you "should" be able to tune the shock yourself with all the adjustments on the RC4 but there is somthing to the custom re-vale... the shock feels like it was created for MY BIKE! Worth every penny!

Here are some picks for you to enjoy:
    Wow! Great to read your impressions! I'm assuming you went with the Factory Tuning System Elite?

Darren

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    Wow! Great to read your impressions! I'm assuming you went with the Factory Tuning System Elite?

Darren
    Yes I did... Worth very penny... I was unsure about the re-valve of the high speed but I am very glad I got it. The big hits feel much more controlled

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by derby View Post
    Way to ride it!

I'm a coiled Mojo fan, no doubt. Nice bike! Push does amazing work.

Kashima coated fork, shock! ...and pedals?

Are the Flow rims holding up launching big jumps. If the tires are mounted tubeless, which model tires? what type of rim stips? No burps?
    The kashima coated pedals rock

Flows are holding up nice... I have nevegals mounted tube less and the are a great combo