mtbr member

To push or not to push

I hear lots of different opinions on having the shock push’d

I'm going to get the shock serviced for the first time and can’t work out if it would be worth getting pushed at teh same time.

A few details about me:

I'm about 220lbs, 6’4” ride 2 or 3 time a week mainly none competitive cross country with mates in the UK but do a bit of everything, (trips to Wales) I have a XL Mojo SL.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Hi,
    a lot of guys here have done it to get benefits.Remember it's a customized service, you are asked to choose between these options: plush, race, trail, big hit, down hill.
    Standard shock are build for standard use, once you choose Push
    You 'll not have a standard shock, anymore.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It all depends on how you feel about the stock shock. I got mine pushed to allow more small bump sensitivity and to firm up the mid stroke ( an area where I felt the 09 Rp23 used its travel too readily)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    2009 RP23 on a XL Mojo SL. 225lbs, 6'4" CC-AM riding. I did not like the stock tune on my shock, rebound was to quick. Had it pushed and made a world of difference.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have 07 XL Mojo and I'm 6'2" 200lbs. Rode the stock RP23 for year before getting the Push trail tune. On the stock RP23 I had to turn the rebound to its slowest setting and couldn't run it with the recoommened sag because it would blow through the travel even on small hits,which made it to firm and uncomfortable.After Pushing it took a couple of rides to dail in the air pressure but now I can climb using the propedal and turn it off for the techy stuff and downhills...works great!

mtbr member

push

I did both shock and fork when it was time for servicing - and the first comment about it being custom with lots of options is really important. Most of the complaints I've read about seem to be from folks that misdescribed their riding/interests (e.g. 'I do big drops and ride really aggressively' - then were bummed at how stiff the ride was).

The results for me were fabulous - with the only exception that my the lockout switch on my RP23 no longer makes much difference, so I can't really stiffen things up as much as I used to.

T.W.O.
    +1 Pushed, I went back and forth with stock DHX-air and RP23 for the first 2 years then I sent the RP23 to push. Been happy ever since. Almost the same feel as DHX-A but no set up headache.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider
    The results for me were fabulous - with the only exception that my the lockout switch on my RP23 no longer makes much difference, so I can't really stiffen things up as much as I used to.
    Exactly my experience.