mtbr member

Purchasing IBIS in another country &CS ?

Hi
    I would like to purchase a Ibis and wonder if anyone have any idea of what customer service would be like dealing with Ibis , from what I have read here it sounds great, but how would it be from across the ocean? I can get a Ibis from one of the US bike shops and are willing to ship it to me at next to nothing... or I can go via the local bike shop and pay a premium of $440. is it worth the premium?

I know you should always support your local dealers, but being on the other side of the world I feel they are taking us for a ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    hi, i am hendrik, from the german ibis-distributor tri-cycles.

i guess i can asure you, that any ibis distributor or dealer outside of the usa will provide you with the same customer service that ibis offers. the cooperation with ibis is very close and we never had any problems concerning customer service. anyhow it could happen, that the service could take a little bit longer, because items might need to be shipped, but that is the only difference i would say...

cheers,
    hendrik

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Bought a frame on a business trip to NY in April and brought it back to the UK. Had a problem with the rear triangle and must say CS directly from Ibis was simply unbelievable. Got back from my ride on Sunday and emailed the address from the website and got a reply from Scott personnally and a replacement rear triangle to my door within 2 weeks!!!