Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Well Biked
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,154

    ... and if we just ... Pulled the trigger on a large white HD

    After debating the XL vs L question, I got to take out the next best thing on the trail. Two regular Mojos of those sizes on the same trails.

    I am 6'1" with a long 34" inseam so, I am in between sizes. I took out the large after the XL and I have to say I had a lot more fun on the large! The XL just felt too big, even with the short 50 mm stem. So it was hard to imagine liking the HD in that size.

    Needless to say, I'm glad to be over that debate, and stoked on the new ride!

    I was really impressed with how well those bikes pedaled, and how well the DW link worked. It must be really plush with the larger volume shock and extra travel.

    Any ride reports out there yet?

  2. #2
    boardguru
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    138
    I put my large together on friday 4/23. Took it out saturday on a really fun ride. All I can say after just one ride is WOW! The ride is amazing compared to my Mojo. More travel, super plush, climbs just about like a Mojo, just slacker head angle that make it really stable at speed and steep descents. You will definately love when you get yours.

  3. #3
    Well Biked
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,154
    Awesome! How does it corner?

    Which fork did you go with?

    Can't wait for mine to come in.

  4. #4
    boardguru
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    138
    It corners very well, no washout at all. I went with a Fox 36 Float and the RP23 shock.
    XO drivetrain
    Hayes Stroker Ace with 7" rotors
    Crank Bros. Iodine wheels
    Continental Rubber Queen 2.4 tires
    Crank Bros adjustable seat post
    Easton Monkeylight DH bars
    Thompson X4 80mm stem
    XT cranks
    Specialized Lo Pro Mag II pedals
    LOVE how this bike rides, I think my Mojo may gather dust this year because of it.
    Last edited by boardguru; 04-26-2010 at 05:08 AM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by boardguru
    It corners very well, no washout at all. I went with a Fox 36 Float and the RP23 shock.
    XO drivetrain
    Hayes Stroker Ace with 7" rotors
    Crank Bros. Iodine wheels
    Continental Rubber Queen 2.4 tires
    Crank Bros adjustable seat post
    Easton Monkeylight DH bars
    Thompson X4 80mm stem
    LOVE how this bike rides, I think my Mojo may gather dust this year because of it.
    Let me know how long your 36 float lasts. I went with the same fork on my HD and it's already bent after 3 easy trail rides.

  6. #6
    Well Biked
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,154
    Where did it bend? How big was the drop?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman1218
    Let me know how long your 36 float lasts. I went with the same fork on my HD and it's already bent after 3 easy trail rides.

    Ha ha nice troll. Yep, lots of 36's bending after easy trail rides.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    100
    My wheel doesn't fit in between the dropouts. I'm not sure how it bent. The biggest drop that I've done with it so far was no more than 2ft.

    By the way, sorry for the thread jack.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    282
    a better question would be how big was the car that ran over it.

  10. #10
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman1218
    My wheel doesn't fit in between the dropouts. I'm not sure how it bent. The biggest drop that I've done with it so far was no more than 2ft.

    By the way, sorry for the thread jack.
    Not fit, meaning not at all or just a little snug and you have to pry the legs slightly apart?
    If it's the latter I wouldn't worry about it. Most of my forks are like that.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Not fit, meaning not at all or just a little snug and you have to pry the legs slightly apart?
    If it's the latter I wouldn't worry about it. Most of my forks are like that.
    I have to pry the legs apart about 3mm for the wheel to fit. However, I have to put almost all of my weight (210lbs) on the handlebars to make it compress a couple of inches. I'm also running below the recommended air pressure. The first 2 rides the fork felt buttery, but it sticks quite a bit now. I'm going to call Fox tomorrow to see what they suggest.

  12. #12
    boardguru
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    138
    After only a couple rides, I'm getting almost full travel from the forks. I weigh 180 and have the air at 60psi. Not really worried about bending these suckers.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    I cant wait till the clear matte black gets released. That's the one I'm waiting for. Love reading feedback till then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •