mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Price police - Nearly new SL-R frame

Just wondering how much i should list my SL-R frame for? Matt black, large, RP23.

Near perfect condition - had it 3 weeks and ridden maybe 10 times.

What's reasonable - $2K?

Too Much Fun

Let the market decide...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_O View Post
    Just wondering how much i should list my SL-R frame for? Matt black, large, RP23.
    Put it up on EBay without a reserve and you'll get the fair market price.

IMO 2k sound about right if the frame is in great shape. Obviously it could go higher/lower depending on color/size combo.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Don't forget to figure in fleabay's and paypal's cut. It's getting silly high.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yerma View Post
    Don't forget to figure in fleabay's and paypal's cut. It's getting silly high.
    yeah, like 11% if I recall... crazy. I only sell on craig list for that reason (and locally) and often buy direct on ebay to save seller that cost.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the heads up. I haven't sold anything on Ebay in a long time - 11% is ridiculous. Am waiting for my new frame to come in, once that happens i'll list it here and on PB and see what happens.

mtbr member
    Out of curiosity, why are you selling it and what are you getting instead?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeze6700 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are you selling it and what are you getting instead?
    Am selling because i'm in the process of moving from Seattle to Vancouver. I am swapping out the components to a HD 160 - so staying in the Ibis fold. I want something a little burlier/slacker that i can take up to Whistler and do more gravity oriented type riding. Unfortunately i don't have room for multiple bikes, so i figure the HD would be a better fit.

I considered putting an angleset and 150mm travel fork on the SL-R, but i don't think cane creek have it quite figured out just yet, and it seemed like a band aid job. Better to cut my losses and swap out the frame/fork.