Lev
    You Guys Riding?

Preferred Case for the HD

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has had great luck with any particular travel cases for their HD. I've used the Trico hard case and Sette Soft case in the past. Neither of those with my HD. I like the Trico b/c it's so freaking tough, but I had to take off my fork and it was sort of a PITA. I liked the Sette, but I didn't feel it had the best build quality. The straps were pulling off. It's also $200 cheaper than the Trico.

I'm looking to buy a case this year. Let me know if anyone has any recs or has had good experiences with their HDs.

Thanks,
    Lev

meh
    was checking this Evoc case out the other day (have no experience with it, but have read some good reviews), very little part removal needed but probably bigger than most cases...and in the $400 range

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    was checking this Evoc case out the other day (have no experience with it, but have read some good reviews), very little part removal needed but probably bigger than most cases...and in the $400 range
    It has some very good reviews.

First Flight: Evoc Bike Travel Bag flight case - Bike Rumor

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    I travel with my HD about once a year, I just go get a free cardboard bike box from my LBS and wrap the bike up in yoga mats, towels, etc. It lasts long enough to get me to my destination and back, and best of all, it's free.
    YouTube | #1 Rule for California mtb: If you're having fun, it's illegal.

mtbr member
    I posted a similar thread a few months ago

Bike box for HD

I traveled with the Thule hard case was ok but my final thoughts on it were it took a lot of assembly, disassembly. My big problem is all the hard cases are made for narrower bikes, so when you close them any compression on the sides goes right through the bike. The two halves overlap but do not fully engage. Yes there is plenty of padding and you carefully pack them it should be ok. But just like my snowboard bag, my bike case got checked by TSA both times and they were not quite as careful reclosing the case. The tricase? seems to have the same issue of strapping and compressing with the straps over foam. I am thinking about trying to use one of the new bags. Either the EVOC OR HELIUM bags.

mtbr member
    currently using the Evoc and very happy with it. It's extremely well designed, and you do not need to fear if your box tears and end up giving you a problem on the return trip. Only drawback is the weight, at about 8kg plus. With my mojo HD it comes up to just a little over 50lbs.
    A trophy bike is easier to maintain than a trophy car. Both are easier to maintain than a trophy wife.