mtbr member
    Feb 2012

please help, shock stroke length of mojo hd 140 needed

I've searched and searched for the answer but can't find what I need to know, I'm about to buy a mojo hd 140 frame and I'm looking at putting bos shocks on it, vipr in the back and 160 deville trc up front,
    I have the chance of a cheap vipr that's been on a zesty, so I looked on the bos compatibility page and they both use the same shock except the two o rings in the + air chamber on the zesty, so no problem there, the o rings are easy enough to add or take out,
    but here's my problem, the bos compatibility page says the shock for the mojo hd 140 is 200mm long with a 57mm stroke length, but the ibis site says the fox shock is also 200mm long but it has a stroke length of 50mm, so which size are people using, I can get the bos stroke reduced to 50mm if needed but the bos page says I don't need to,
    thanks for your help in advance

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The correct shock is 200mm with 50mm stroke. But some folks have run a 200mm eye to eye shock with a 57mm stroke to give them essentially 150mm travel in the rear. Be careful if you do this and make sure you have clearance for your tire!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    thanks for your reply, i've sent an email to ibis about the stroke length but i'd be interested to see what others have found, there must be a few bos vipr equipped hd 140's riding round

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    just got this reply from ibis

"Hi Stephen,
    Wow, thanks for pointing that out to us.

DO NOT use that shock on the HD 140. We are going to write to BOS and ask them to change that spec.

You can only use a 200 x 50 shock, otherwise you risk catastrophic failure of the frame.

Scot"

cant get any plainer than that

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    so when you buy a vipr from bos and you say you have a mojo hd 140 will they know it should be a 200mm shock with 50mm stroke, is anybody running a 140 with vipr?