mtbr member

Please help me dial-in a CCDBA on my Mojo HD!

Recently I decided to upgrade the stock RP23 on my Mojo HD w/ a CCDBA CS. Got a deal on a new one and sold my RP23. I am shocked (no pun intended!) how different it feels, but I feel like I can't get this thing tuned where I feel comfortable. It's almost hard to explain, but I feel like my rear tire does not stay on the trail anymore and I just feel unstable and out of control. It definitely feels more plush when I am stationary and i don't even come close to blowing through travel anymore, but when I start riding over rough stuff at high speeds or take jumps / drops, I feel like I'm all over the place. I have already taken 2 diggers over small jumps / drops where I normally wouldn't have thought twice about them. I consider myself a pretty good rider and shredded this bike for years, but now I feel like a noob! I'm convinced that this is because I don't know how to tune it correctly b/c everybody else seems to love it.

As a starting point I used CC recommended settings from the site:

~25% Sag

HSC +2.5
    LSC +10
    HSR +2
    LSR +15

I have been tinkering with the settings to the point where I have no idea where they currently,but I don't really know what I'm doing and was geting frustrated as well. I probably just need to reset from scratch! Any ideas what are the key settings that would cause the rear tire to feel squirrel-y and no longer planted on the ground.

I am fully open to the idea that this is all in my head, but if you have any tips or have experienced something similar I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

(X-posted in suspension forum)

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I found just increasing the HSR made my HD very controled on large jump landings. I found some settings but I know I have made minor changes to these.

~ 36% sag

HSC 0.5
    LSC 5
    HSR 2.75
    LSR 16

I think I put the LSC and HSC back closer to recommended.

I think the biggest thing you should do is to try running more sag at least 30%, alot of people say the shock doesn't come alive on a HD until 35%.