filthy ape
    Oct 2005

Paging former Blur owners and current Mojo owners

I am seeking some feedback from former Blur owners (both Classic and LT) who made the move to a Mojo (or even Blur owners who had a chance to test ride one). I am most interested in the differences in handling, pedaling and climbing characteristics and how they compare: pros, cons, VPP vs dw-link, etc. The Mojo on paper looks to be be a great ride, as well as being lighter than both the Classic and LT. What are some of the nitpicking issues that you current owners have? Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to test ride one and need some feedback comparing the two so I can make a decision soon. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    I will let you know after this weekend. Selling my BLT for a MoJo.

flow where ever you go

I moved from Blur LT to Mojo.

I love both bikes but the Mojo is a winner in most comparisons.

I prefer the Mojo for a more balanced and stiff ride. I would not have considered the BLT unbalanced or flexy until having done a direct comparison. First of all, I had to grow into the BLT to feel comfortable on it and with it's capabilities, but felt instant oneness with the Mojo. I think the Mojo tracks better and is more solid on downhills and jumps as well. Wheelies are easier on the Mojo and track stands are ridiculously easy on the Mojo.

Both climb very well. The BLT climbs most things well but took me more effort to dial in the suspension and my technique. Occasionally I have trouble with a climb on the Mojo that I thought was easier with the Blur, but usually the Mojo climbs as well, or better. On rocky/bumpy terrain the Mojo climbs better. The Mojo's front tire stays planted and tracking better than the Blur on steeps. I had hoped the Mojo would give me magic powers to clear technical and extreme steeps that I could not clear before, but alas, it's not that good.

Both build easily well under 30lbs. My Mojo is 2lbs. lighter than my blur (25 and 27lbs) with expensive but not equal builds.

The Mojo wins for a more balanced and stiff ride that translates to a bike that soaks up everything and still pedals efficiently and does what you ask, when you ask.

filthy ape
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. A few additional comparos would be cool if anyone else would like to share their opinions. I like what I'm hearing so far, it's making it easier to uhh... you know... justify to myself that I muuusssst have, muuuussst have new bike. Me want.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have never ridden a Blur but I prefer the Mojo to both the Intense 5.5 and the Turner 5 Spot [Horst] if that helps! I have been going through quite a few frames recently [as the classifieds of STW in the UK show!] in search of a ride that is efficient, responsive yet with good handling up and down....after getting the Mojo I find I am not looking anywhere. Long may it last and roll on some dry weather!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i have always been a die hard Santa Cruz fan. i currently still own a superlight and still love it. i also had a nomad for a year and have ridden blur lt's on about 10 rides. that being said I love my mojo, it's feels much lighter, has much more snap, works much better when standing outside of the saddle and is super smooth riding, it's a keeper. it also has much more "spring" due to the suspension design when bunny hoping over logs (the lt feels a mushy). however, i did have some minor problems on the mojo that I think i have worked out. i think most of the problems were due to setup such as front Derailleur was hitting the lower dw pivit, cables by the seat housing was super long (the right seat one would hit my leg until i shortened it), aside from riding great it's super sexy looking and there aren't too many around. i have only been on about 6 rides so far as we have snow here but it just makes me want to go RIDE. so far it's the best bike I have ridden for aggresive cross country riding, let me know if you have any questions.

mtbr member
    Took a ride on my new XL Mojo coming from a XL BLT. I have to say it climbs better and just feels better. Love the bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    On the same general topic and to bubble topic back up; does anyone have pure out of the saddle climbing impression comparisons of the 2 ? Both, jumping out of the saddle on the pedals or continuous out of saddle climbing. (On both technical trails and steep fireroads.)
    (Some bike snobs might say you don't know how to ride a dualy if you ride like that aka MBAction. A less myopic view might be that with the diversity of new age suspension designs; there should be one that matches most riding styles instead of vise versa.)