Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Pace/DT swiss fork

Does anyone have any experience with Pace/DT swiss forks? I was looking at the EXC 150 and the XMC 130. I also wanted to know the difference between the EXC 150 and the EXC 150 TA. What does the TA stand for I was thinking of one of these for a mojo build.

Church of the Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by iguy02
    Does anyone have any experience with Pace/DT swiss forks? I was looking at the EXC 150 and the XMC 130. I also wanted to know the difference between the EXC 150 and the EXC 150 TA. What does the TA stand for I was thinking of one of these for a mojo build.
    TA is the Through Axle version. Very pretty.

flow where ever you go
    Are the DT Swiss forks available? I haven't seen them yet. I have the Pace 150 TA. It works beautifully on the Mojo.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Keep Riding !!

Pace RC41 XCAM 130mm

I've had the Pace RC41 XCAM 130mm (=DT XMC130?) forks for about 6 mths and found they're very plush which suits the plushness of the RP23/Mojo very well. I have both F/R setup with fairly low pressure for that couch like feel and with the riding I do (XC/Trail) I rarely bottom out.

Depending on type of riding you do XC/Trail or if more 'All Mountain' you may prefer the Through Axle for extra stiffness

The forks are in this years (08) Dirtworks (Aussie Distributor) catalogue so can only assume that they're available
    Just Ride !

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieRider
    The forks are in this years (08) Dirt Works (Aussie Distributor) catalogue so can only assume that they're available
    they should be available in Feb/March.

From time to time (like this one) we have to include new products in the catalogue in advance of delivery... (since the catalogue is a 12 month thing).

I'm hangin' of the 80mm models for a pair for my 95' Mantis Pro Floater build...

Elvis.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Can these be ordered from anywhere in the USA?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    End of March in UK for EX150 TA according to Pace.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Anyone got a heads up on the cost of these puppies? I'm in UK but in USA quite a bit so cost in $ or £ ould be cool. 150mm thru-axle air fork with DT build quality, sweet carbon weave to match my new SL and a weight of plenty under 4lbs, sounds good to me!

If anyone knows the price that would be great.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    According to Pace £699 for the EX150TA

mtbr member

Insane?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelife
    According to Pace £699 for the EX150TA
    that is about $1400 ... pure insanity! Almost anything else looks like a much better option!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Worries over the new DT swiss Forks

I am waiting for my new Mojo SL frame as was originally going to get a Fox Float 140mm but have my name down for the new DT Swiss EXC 150mm bolt through , hoping to get a stiffer front end with slightly more travel then the Fox and not increasing the weight by going for a Fox Talas 36.
    I have alway been a bit worried re the reliability issue of PACE forks and was hoping that with DT Swiss making them that would improve? . Has anyone out there got hold of one of these forks or seen any test reports. Worryingly there is one review on Mtbr.com for the 80mm fork which looks pretty awful. I dont know whether to stick with Fox float for a year or so and see whether the DT swiss fork is a winner or looser , £699 is alot to pay for a crap fork!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsalmondoc
    I have alway been a bit worried re the reliability issue of PACE forks and was hoping that with DT Swiss making them that would improve? . Has anyone out there got hold of one of these forks or seen any test reports. Worryingly there is one review on Mtbr.com for the 80mm fork which looks pretty awful. I dont know whether to stick with Fox float for a year or so and see whether the DT swiss fork is a winner or looser , £699 is alot to pay for a crap fork!!
    It comes down to stupid-purchasing: products from the UK or Europe that are already widely overpriced are an absolute no-no with the dollar exchange rate the republicans had given us.

To top it all the DT might not even be reliable (I don't trust MBA much, but their DT 100 fall apart in a recent test). Be smart: Get anything else but a DT until prices come down in the sub $1000.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've had the Pace RC41 fighters for 3 years. These are the DT 150 now. Had no problems what so ever with them(apart from hitting the back of a car ) . I have them on my Mojo now and find them excellent forks.I demoed a Mojo with fox talas forks on set up for my weight etc. Not a patch on the fighters for smoothing out the trail. Also supposed to be the stiffest standard quick release forks around. I did get them for a bargain price of £380 new 3 years ago but having used them would pay the full price again if I had to-RECOMMENDED.

Downside of them being DT swiss now is the sickly colours/graphics

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Keep in mind that Europeans pay a lot more for bike parts than us spoiled Americans (or transplants). You can't take the British Pound price and do a straight conversion. I suspect the DT forks will be sub $1K. Either way, expensive, especially for an untested (as of the US market) equipment. They do look enticing at 3.5lbs for a 150mm throughaxle fork.

_MK

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Keep in mind that Europeans pay a lot more for bike parts than us spoiled Americans (or transplants).

_MK
    Not quite true for all parts. Shimano, for example, seems to be cheapest in Germany. For example, the XTR crank goes for 250 Euros, whilst in the US it seems to be about $450-500. But for US brands, you are definitely right...

Cheers
    Jever

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Pace 150/Dt swiss 150

Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts
    Are the DT Swiss forks available? I haven't seen them yet. I have the Pace 150 TA. It works beautifully on the Mojo.
    Hi I have the DT Swiss 150mm TA on order to go on my SL , not sure which will arrive first !
    Do you use the lock down facility for climbs? I've only had Fox talas forks in past so happy with changing the travel on these forks , not sure if the PACE/DT Swiss work in the same way. Whats the head angle like on the Mojo with the Pace fork at 150mm. I really like the thought of a bit more travel than a Foc 32 float most people use on a mojo plus the extra stiffness of a bolt through.

TranceX Rider

Idea! epiphany

MK, that's quite light for an AM setup - 150mm & TA already (great option for my project which is on its way so0n)!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    That DT fork would look damn good on an SL with red links

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I agree.. I have one on order

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Why must all DT products be so expensive? I understand its Swiss but Pace used to be cheaper and unlike other product that Swiss made, DT actually just bought over Pace to have their suspension so why with the price increase, there is no R&D except DT spending a lot of money into acquiring Pace .
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieracer
    I agree.. I have one on order
    Yeah I'm seriously toying with the idea. Let me know how you go when you get them.

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Why must all DT products be so expensive? I understand its Swiss but Pace used to be cheaper and unlike other product that Swiss made, DT actually just bought over Pace to have their suspension so why with the price increase, there is no R&D except DT spending a lot of money into acquiring Pace .
    I'm still hoping to see better distribution and support from DT since they have the resources that Pace didn't. If they give us that, they should start to sell enough to be able to lower the price. I can dream.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Bout 1,200$

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    actually DT Swiss have done quite a lot since buying the Pace fork business.

to start with... they moved all the manufacturing and assembly equipment to Switzerland and the main DT Swiss factory.

next... all the internals are now manufactured to higher tollerances in Switzerland. (and no... I'm not criticising the UK made Pace forks... just making the point that one thing that DT Swiss wanted to do was inprove the quality control)

They tested the crown/upper legs interface and improved the bonding process.

The inner legs are now coming form the same manufacturer that makes the inner legs for Fox.

DT Swiss are doing extensive (and ongoing) R & D on the range and are improving the forks where they can.

Elvis.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    actually DT Swiss have done quite a lot since buying the Pace fork business.

to start with... they moved all the manufacturing and assembly equipment to Switzerland and the main DT Swiss factory.

next... all the internals are now manufactured to higher tollerances in Switzerland. (and no... I'm not criticising the UK made Pace forks... just making the point that one thing that DT Swiss wanted to do was inprove the quality control)

They tested the crown/upper legs interface and improved the bonding process.

The inner legs are now coming form the same manufacturer that makes the inner legs for Fox.

DT Swiss are doing extensive (and ongoing) R & D on the range and are improving the forks where they can.

Elvis.
    Ah, thanks. I forgot all about those facts.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast