Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ouch

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Ouch

Seems that the 5 chilli Mojo has been tarnished in the review section. Not good with an SL on order.

Louie

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    i wonder if it is a real review - it certainly is not in keeping with any other reviews or comments on the bike.

Oh well - I certainly have no problems with my mojo - 12 months later it is still going great!

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I'll be the first to say it......"BULL$HIT!"

All kidding aside, if you really have concerns, call Ibis yourself. You've been debating back and forth for sometime now. Not everyone is going to go ape$hit for the Mojo. So what? As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

I'm pretty sure that Ibis would recall a customer who broke the frame an alleged (bull$hit) 3 times in what, 8 rides he said? On fireroads? C'mon now....that's impossible. And I'm also sure that they would have no problem discussing what that "issue" is. According to that review, Ibis has known of problems with the f. derailler clamp area. No one here has even mentioned anything remotely close to that. And if he's a real person and did break it, I bet he woulda posted it here. Until there's something to substantiate what he said, why do you choose to believe him over the thousands of other frames that have had zero problems?

If that person who posted that review is reading my reply and honestly broke the frame, prove it. I'll be the first to apologize for accusing him of being a fake.

Grams Light Bikes
    I can't say if thats a fake or not, don't know the person nor the circumstances. I can only give you my facts. 1.5 years of tough abuse and not one issue like that. My worst offense is breaking the seatpost bolt on the Silk seatpost clamp. I have been through a couple of those, although the current one has made it for a couple of months. I ride very tough trails with lots of rock gardens and blast pretty hard and no issues with the frame. I have also taken my share of crashes and I have always taken the brunt of the beating. My forks legs are getting pretty trashed from some of the crashes and I have put a few good dings in the clearcoat and some deeper ones into the carbon fiber and its show no problems. The frame has been tougher then tough so far.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Hmmm

Hello Forum,

I don't know anything about this situation yet, but assuming he had bad luck with us so far, I'm really into getting him a perfect frame and am 100% confident that we can make him happy if he gives us the chance.

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The fact is still a record of 46 excellent 5 chills reviews and to 1 bad review. Not such a Big deal guys. Look at the bright side. The Ibis guys real deliver and stand behind their product “3 frame in 6 month” a 5 star Top notch after sale service, If this really happened. Ibis guys do not joke about this; if they say they guaranty it they will. Yet, a new frame that I got took 4 month to deliver.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Im sure its a TROLL!!!! Im sure he is bshing bout this prob, its impossible for a Mojo to break 3 times where as his friend nvr broke a Epiphany at the same trail.

Im not happy with my post so Im goin to add summore to prove he is a troll. Im sure for one he is jealous that Ibis so far has a perfect 5 rating after so many posts. Im sure he is either a Ells fan or Stumpy fan.

I have broke the ibis mojo frame 3 times. Thats right 3 times. Every time I have had a new frame and have broken the new one that was the replacement. I didn't break one frame 3 times. I broke 3 seperate frames.
    Im very sure Ibis would have fixed his problem on the second bike. Im sure he is so freakin rich that he dont need the warranty, so he buy another frame. Thats the only way I can think he broke 3 frames without having Ibis fixing his problem.

I do the majority of my riding on st josephs hill, which is just fire road and some single track. The first one didn't even get 5 rides in and all of them were on basic trails.
    Fire road? Single track? Basic trails? and he cracked his Mojo? Total bs man, I use my Anthem (current bike) in Kayuh Lasak MTB Jamboree and im sure the downhill is more aggresive then the terrain he describe and my bike didn crack. Oh and did I mention the Anthem is a total XC RACE BIKE!. Sheesh.

I did enjoy the rides but having my bike in the shop the amount I had and breaking a $2000 frame for an average of 8 rides, none of them longer than 2 hours, is ridiculous!
    Oh please, if you are that unlucky, you shouldnt ride a bike. The chances of you risking a serious injury is wayyyy high.

I've never read a review that had a bike break 3 times. The epiphany is the same weight and I think I'm going to sell this bike and get a epiphany.
    I've never read? But you wrote it. Oh and Im goin to sell the Mojo and get the Epiphany. Go ahead , and hopefully your Epiphany breaks to tiny bits. Even reviewers say that because of the lightweight Epiphany tubing, getting it dent is very easy. I dont hear any reviewers say that bout the Mojo. Such a idiotic post.

I feel weird writting this review among all the positive ones. I thought I was the only one but wade at spokesman said that ibis has been having some issues with this happening.
    Erm, of course u will feel weird, cuz u are totally bs about it. Oh yeah and I did some google on Ibis Mojo break 3 times, and guess what the result is. I DONT EVEN FIND A FORUM POST ABOUT A MOJO WHICH BREAK 3 TIMES!!!. Every rider who posts in MTBR is likely to be active in some forum and there is no forum that states a Mojo breaking 3 times.

My bottom line. Dont buy it. There is plenty of other stuff out there that is just as light, with better suspension designs and won't break 3 times!
    Dont buy it? Heck yeah. ONLY YOU SHOULDN OWN A MOJO, YOU DONT DESERVE TO RIDE IT!!!. There are better suspension designs? Hello!! Ibis is using a DW-LINK, its one of the best suspension design out there.

I hope some mod would be able to delete that nuisance review
    Last edited by wheelhot; 12-13-2007 at 03:57 AM.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You all have excellent points.

1. Yes, I have been going back and forth for quite sometime, actually since August. Building a top of the line ride can get expensive (relatively speaking for a bycycle) and without being able to test ride any of the top framesets it can be a very difficult and frustrating task. Maybe it says something about my faith in Ibis, since I finaly choose them over everyone else.

2. Hans, with all due respect, how can you not know about a customer breaking 3 frame sets in a shrt period of time and calling for replacements? Ibis is noted for great CS and a great product, that means at a minimum, the quality and R&D dept has had to study all frame break returns to achieve this standing. I guess you can be the one to let us know if this claim really happened.

3. Sorry, I did'nt intend start anything by my posting, just brought it to everyones attention. Yes, I could have called Ibis, but felt it is better to get eveyones comments by posting it here. Everyone has been very helpful on this forum, I just tend to over analyze everything.

David

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Read my edited post
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Cancel my sl order. Actually, no please don't, I'm waiting till feb as it is.
    I would like to know if it really happened but it would not change anything. (Not with the C. S. I've seen on this forum.) I know more about this frame than any I have ever purchased by talking to the company owners here.
    Now we have seen some quality control issues on a frame a few months back. As far as I've heard the area in question was beefed up after that. Then, the customer was happy again. What more can you ask when you are asking for the ultimate frame design of light weight performance ? Carbon layups are tough to get right but a full suspension full carbon bike done right rides like no other. So far the only 2 full carbon bikes who has got it right is Trek (but it's a 3 bar ! and now an alum rear triangle double ouch); and the FULL carbon Ibis Mojo.
    Now, with such a supportive response by me; can I get my frame shipment bumped up in the queue ?
    PS if the guy is going to get an Epi he had better look at some of those epi beer can thin failures on the Ellsworth forum (someone even put a collage of the pics of em together ) and more to the point Tony's response to some of them which really scared me.
    Last edited by ghawk; 12-13-2007 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Less

2. Hans, with all due respect, how can you not know about a customer breaking 3 frame sets in a shrt period of time and calling for replacements? Ibis is noted for great CS and a great product, that means at a minimum, the quality and R&D dept has had to study all frame break returns to achieve this standing. I guess you can be the one to let us know if this claim really happened.
    That's exactly the point.....Hans has no clue about this particular situation which makes me believe that it's completely FALSE! How could it be that Hans would have no idea about a frame of his breaking 3 times....and having to replace it 2 times!!!! I find that so incredibly hard to believe. It's much more likely that this person is just total BS!!!!!! I;m not saying that Hans would remember each warranty issue but this one is so specific.....so unique, he would remember it. Especially since this review made it seem like a production/design/engineering issue (faulty f. derailler clamp area).

TROLL REVIEW!!! That's what happens when a bike is as well received as the Mojo is.....breeds HATERS!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I told ya, Its impossible that after 2 failures, Ibis has yet managed to fix his problem. Remember the incident where the guy cracked his rear swingarm and that is cuz he is heavy, Hans said they will reinforce that area and after that no more issue. So im sure he is a stupid troll.

And he is so stupid to think that the Epiphany is stronger then the Mojo. Impossible I say, the lightweightness of the Epiphany cause the tubing to be thin (maybe as thin as the Truth) so it will crack easier then the Mojo.

You have seen riders jumping and doing aggresive stuffs with the mojo, lets hear those owners who abuse their Mojo comment on this. Im sure if we compare with the same abuse level at the same time and place, the Epiphany will crack first before the Mojo.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This seems pretty desperate. I sorta feel bad for Ellsworth to be honest. I think it looks suspicious and incredibly lame.

flow where ever you go
    1. The odds are astrotomicaly against this. Almost no failures in 1000s of frames and this lightweight breaks three?!? Don't believe the unbelievable and nearly impossible without physical proof.

2. He wrote a review but never posted a word in the forums?!? Apparently so. But that would only make sense if he doesn't have enough proof to face the forums.

3. He concludes that there are plenty of other bikes with better suspension designs?!? Ha Ha Ha!

The lightweight should be riding a huffy street bike on the trails he describes. Even a huffy wouldn't break in the number of rides he describes.

If I'm wrong and he is so unlucky that he also gets struck by lightening now and then - Ibis would still take care of him.
    Last edited by noshortcuts; 12-13-2007 at 10:04 AM.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I sure, after the second time this happened , Ibis would have just given this JOKE his money back.
    It is obviously BS and I think it's some troll who probably bought an Elsworth, and is getting jealous of ALL of us Mojo owners having an awesome ride every time out on our Mojos, while he sits and waits for Elsworth to fix his Epiphany!
    Note: Elsworth are good bikes, but Ibis are better bikes!
    Like the one post said, if he thinks he can get a better suspension system than the DW Link, he obviously is delusional, and doesn't know what he's talking about!
    One more time: IBIS ROCKS!!!! I give the Mojo 6 chillies, OUT OF 5!
    Why doesn't he post pictures of his 3 broken frames? Just wondering!
    Last edited by ibisrox; 12-13-2007 at 09:50 AM.

mtbr member
    like the one poster said, hans and ibis are small enough and would know if they dealt with these 3 warranty claims. i'd say make 1 response on the review site on behalf of everyone here either saying a) yes, the frame kept breaking, bad quality control etc or b) our records don't show any frame being sent back 3 times.

165lbs and fireroad riding breaking a bike...it's the easiest way to scare buyers and destroy the competion isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by crapaccount
    like the one poster said, hans and ibis are small enough and would know if they dealt with these 3 warranty claims. i'd say make 1 response on the review site on behalf of everyone here either saying a) yes, the frame kept breaking, bad quality control etc or b) our records don't show any frame being sent back 3 times.

165lbs and fireroad riding breaking a bike...it's the easiest way to scare buyers and destroy the competion isn't it?

What do you know? Put your brakes on why don't you.

Rides a Bike

Yeah right.

Maybe he breaks frames because his former mates don't want him riding their trails, so they attack him with bats and he's been too slow to get away

It sounds suspect to me...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

more info

Hello Forum,

I checked through all the warranty invoices for this year and do not see any with that name or situation.
    Also called the Spokesman and Trailhead and asked them if they had heard anything about this. Both shops say they have no customers by that name and neither shop has ever had a warranty for a BB problem. None of us here at Ibis know about it either, so....

It looks like a bogus entry.

Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    Hello Forum,

I checked through all the warranty invoices for this year and do not see any with that name or situation.
    Also called the Spokesman and Trailhead and asked them if they had heard anything about this. Both shops say they have no customers by that name and neither shop has ever had a warranty for a BB problem. None of us here at Ibis know about it either, so....

It looks like a bogus entry.

Hans
    HA! AWESOME! can't believe that someone would go through that much effort to write up a bogus review......geeez. get a life already.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Ibis rules!!!. For those know Adam Sandler "I give the Ibis, a 6 out of 5". Anyway lets hope new Mojo owners would write a review on the Mojo and also add extra notes by mentioning that the guy bike review is bogus.

Stupid troll, I miss lookin the perfect 5 rating on the Mojo. (And they have been so many reviews)
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

flow where ever you go

can't mtbr.com remove it...

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Ibis rules!!!. For those know Adam Sandler "I give the Ibis, a 6 out of 5". Anyway lets hope new Mojo owners would write a review on the Mojo and also add extra notes by mentioning that the guy bike review is bogus.

Stupid troll, I miss lookin the perfect 5 rating on the Mojo. (And they have been so many reviews)
    Hans seems to have provided enough proof.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    I've not read the review but I have both of the bike in my garage right now. I love my Epiphany and have had it for a year now. Today I was out on the Mojo for only the second ride since I put on the new Talas RLC and the new cranks on. I think the Mojo may be able to move up from my backup bike to the first choice. I'm still waiting on my new wheels from Chad at Red Barn to make the final call on the Mojo. But so far the Mojo ROCKS!!! I am also a light weight rider like the poster claims, (150 for me) and I have had no damage to the Ellsworth to date. I'll keep you posted when the wheels get in and I can do a side by side review. But if I keep having fun on the Mojo, I may want to get the SL, we will see
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My first post about criticizing his review has most of his contents. And please take note that in my post, I might sound criticizing the Epiphany, but dont get me wrong. The Epiphany is a good bike but in terms of durability, I belive the Mojo would be more durable. By the way, I love Ellsworth colours
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Okay, its confirmed. The poster who wrote the review is a Troll, I checked the Epiphany reviews for fun and I ran into the same exact review. MTBR please ban his IP.

See the poster with the name John Wilson

Epiphany
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Allmtn_F...t_125675.shtml

Mojo
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Allmtn_F...t_128477.shtml

He is totally faking the period of the product used. It means he owns both the Epiphany and the Mojo at the same time. Lier!!!
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast