mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Ordered a new Ripley!

I can't wait!

One question for the crowd: If I decide that I want to lower my RS Pike to 130mm instead of 140mm. What shop(s) in the Bay Area or Sacramento would absolutely get the air chamber swap correct.

Thanks

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoesurfkid View Post
    I can't wait!

One question for the crowd: If I decide that I want to lower my RS Pike to 130mm instead of 140mm. What shop(s) in the Bay Area or Sacramento would absolutely get the air chamber swap correct.

Thanks
    JOsh at hank and Franks lafayette did my fox 34 successfully.

Too Much Fun

Good job! Passion Trail Bikes

What shop(s) in the Bay Area or Sacramento would absolutely get the air chamber swap correct.
    Take it to Charles & Friends at Passion Trail Bikes, in Belmont. They're an Ibis dealer and they know their stuff with suspension.

Even better, join them for one of their shop rides every Weds. Good people who do good work.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yohyat View Post
    JOsh at hank and Franks lafayette did my fox 34 successfully.
    I won't do business with Hank & Frank shops I received the worst costumer service ever encounter in 35 years of biking NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I believe the shop was in Hayward at the time I did noticed they don't have a shop in that area so maybe I'm remembering wrong either way the manager was a complete pompous as* crook.
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Dropshot Champ!
    i thought the 14 pike couldn't go down to 130.

supposedly the 15 pike can do 130 as it comes spec'd on cambers that way, but check first

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Excuse my ignorance here, but is the Pike that much better then the Fox forks on the Ripley? I have no experience with the Pike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    i thought the 14 pike couldn't go down to 130.

supposedly the 15 pike can do 130 as it comes spec'd on cambers that way, but check first
    I basing it on this and some other web talk: Maybe I'm wrong?:

Regularbob's bike blog: Reducing the Rockshox Pike RCT3 Solo Air travel

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppman View Post
    Excuse my ignorance here, but is the Pike that much better then the Fox forks on the Ripley? I have no experience with the Pike.
    I don't have any experience with the Pike but most people on here that have made the swap have been very happy

mtbr member
    May 2010

PIke

Quote Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
    I don't have any experience with the Pike but most people on here that have made the swap have been very happy
    I am looking into Ripley more for x country type riding and seen numerous reviews on how great the Pike fork is. Do I really need the 140 travel? Does this lock out on climbs? Are the weights of the Fox Float and Pike about the same (sort of a weight weenie). Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Rider View Post
    I am looking into Ripley more for x country type riding and seen numerous reviews on how great the Pike fork is. Do I really need the 140 travel? Does this lock out on climbs? Are the weights of the Fox Float and Pike about the same (sort of a weight weenie). Thanks in advance.
    I have never ridden a bike with a Pike so I can't comment on that. However I can comment on how great my Ripley is with a 120mm Fox Float. Not sure why everybody slams Fox but I love my Float. I also have one on my El Padrino HT. I live in Michigan and have no need for the extra travel up front. I honestly think if you feel you only need 120mm of travel you will do just fine with the Fox Float.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have a Talas on my Mojo SL and wanted the same for the Ripley. The Talas is no longer an option from Ibis (check the website). My LBS recommended the Pike. It seems that the reviews are real positive. The Bike Mag guys gush about it in the bible of bike tests. I never think some particular this or that is going to be euphoric but I went with the Pike based on solid recommendations and reviews. A Fox shock will still be on the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have a Talas on my Mojo SL and wanted the same for the Ripley. The Talas is no longer an option from Ibis (check the website). My LBS recommended the Pike. It seems that the reviews are real positive. The Bike Mag guys gush about it in the bible of bike tests. I never think some particular this or that is going to be euphoric but I went with the Pike based on solid recommendations and reviews. A Fox shock will still be on the bike.
    You should be very happy with the Pike. I have read all the same reviews. If I needed an adjustable fork I'd go with the Pike. However all I need is 120mm of travel so the Float worked perfectly for me.