mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Ordered my 2013 Ibis Mojo SL last night...

from Jenson now just patiently waiting on the delivery truck to arrive next week. Weather conditions are terrible in the deep south at the moment so it's not going to be easy waiting for conditions to clear up. I am pretty pumped started back riding this past September on my old 99 Haro dual suspension after about a 8 year layoff(kids&family). Now that my schedule is starting to free up I can get back in the saddle more often. Looking forward to the next ten plus years of riding the deep south on an Ibis!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Congrats! What color?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    wanted a white xl but black was the only color option for 2013...they had a large white 2012, but i didn't want to take a chance on the fit. i had to order online bc we don't have a bunch of bike stores to choose from....and the choices are very limited if you are trying to get a nice piece of work. my choice was between this one and the sb-66, but just couldn't justify the extra money. i like the shimano components that are coming with this build. only thing i may change is the tire width from 2.1 to 2.3-4.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    everything arrived on time and in great condition. i am impressed with the look and feel of this bike and can't wait to hit the trails. the azonic 420 pedals were a great pick. i will be ordering the quick release seat post clamp soon. the seat is a tad bit uncomfortable, but i had a replacement already just in case. other thing i may need some input from you guys on is the xfusion psi settings for both the velvet and o2 rcx...i am 205, so i am going to start with 105 on the fork and 185 on rear and go ride. the owners manual nor the website had any info on settings other than the max. i would post a few pics but still haven't reached my minimum post.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Sweet bike. Wht brand of wheelset? How was your first ride?
    My xfusion fork needed about 4 rides to break in.
    Enjoy your new bike.

Mtb Guide
    Sweet ride, dont mess with a QR, just get a Reverb or KS Lev more so since you ride with flat pedals, enjoy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'll send you my extra QR in red for free. Send me a PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by inter View Post
    Sweet bike. Wht brand of wheelset? How was your first ride?
    My xfusion fork needed about 4 rides to break in.
    Enjoy your new bike.
    those are the mavic crossride with all the stickers removed. the first ride was not a good test because i was nursing a shoulder injury from the wreck my last time out. the geometry felt great for my riding style and the trails i have access to. the trails are technical with a decent amount of small\medium hills and jumps. i took a few tools and my air pump on the ride to make adjustments and check for loose bolts about the 4 mile mark. going from vbrakes to the hydraulic disk is a tad bit of a learning curve, but definitely a plus.

thanks for the offers on the qr, but i had already ordered one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Congrats on joining the Ibis family.

I would agree with Maverick about the seat post dropper.
    The LEV is, basically, out of stock due its popularity.

mtbr member
    Congrats Melan.... you'll be amazed what this bike will do. If you ever start thinking about wheel upgrades, 650b the front of that thing....HUUUUGE upgrade to an already legendary bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Congrats Melan.... you'll be amazed what this bike will do. If you ever start thinking about wheel upgrades, 650b the front of that thing....HUUUUGE upgrade to an already legendary bike
    how does it effect the handling? i am assuming you are riding an sl with a 650 up front.

mtbr member
    That's right, 650b in front for the last 4 yrs or so, front and rear for the last couple years, but have a 26 rear mounted again at the moment.
    Front 650b raises the BB a touch, slackens the head angle, and increases steering trail....all positive improvements to a bike considered by many (myself included) to be a little lower and steeper than ideal for aggressive trail riding. That coupled with the good tire clearance is why the Mojo is such a popular conversion bike.

mtbr member
    Ooops, hit send before I meant to....
    You'll get improved cornering traction, with a more planted and confidence inspiring feel. The larger diameter wheel hangs up less in choppy sections and rolls ledges better. High speed stability is enhanced, but the mojo's nimble & playful manner is maintained. The big explosion in tire choices is finally here, and if that's a Velvet fork you've got, then you have the freedom to try any of them. (The biggest of them may require you to limit the last 10mm of travel to avoid bottoming on the crown, per X-Fusion, but there are many people in the 650b forum reporting having plenty of room w tires up to 2.3)
    My revelation fork is 10mm longer than yours, and with a 650b Nevegal 2.35 up front and 26x2.3 rear I'm sitting at a 13.5" BB unweighted, and HA in the 67.5 - 67.8 range. It rips. Ideal do it all geo IMO. I had a long hiatus from the sport too, and a XC background, so modern head angles sounded really slack to me......not so....it's good stuff. 650b rear on this bike has advantages too, but also more trade-offs than on front, so I'm planning on leaving the 26" rear on for a while and installing an offset shock bushing to try the head angle at 67 even.
    Sorry for the hijack, there's not a damn thing wrong with your bike as is.....enjoy it. But if you get the upgrade-itis later on, B that Beyotch!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Ooops, hit send before I meant to....
    You'll get improved cornering traction, with a more planted and confidence inspiring feel. The larger diameter wheel hangs up less in choppy sections and rolls ledges better. High speed stability is enhanced, but the mojo's nimble & playful manner is maintained. The big explosion in tire choices is finally here, and if that's a Velvet fork you've got, then you have the freedom to try any of them. (The biggest of them may require you to limit the last 10mm of travel to avoid bottoming on the crown, per X-Fusion, but there are many people in the 650b forum reporting having plenty of room w tires up to 2.3)
    My revelation fork is 10mm longer than yours, and with a 650b Nevegal 2.35 up front and 26x2.3 rear I'm sitting at a 13.5" BB unweighted, and HA in the 67.5 - 67.8 range. It rips. Ideal do it all geo IMO. I had a long hiatus from the sport too, and a XC background, so modern head angles sounded really slack to me......not so....it's good stuff. 650b rear on this bike has advantages too, but also more trade-offs than on front, so I'm planning on leaving the 26" rear on for a while and installing an offset shock bushing to try the head angle at 67 even.
    Sorry for the hijack, there's not a damn thing wrong with your bike as is.....enjoy it. But if you get the upgrade-itis later on, B that Beyotch!
    thanks for the detailed info...i really like the sound of this upgrade and will put it on my priority list. i am old school bmx so having a tall fatty up front might ignite my urge to crush some table tops.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    this could save me countless hours of researching. what 650b wheelsets do you recommend?

mtbr member
    I've had great luck with Stan's Flow rims, now replaced by the Flow EX. I could get away with a lighter rim, but the width, stiffness, and tubelss reliability of the Flows makes them an ideal daily driver.... even more-so for riders in the clyde class. The Arch EX would probably be OK if you wanted something on the lighter, racier side, and they're now pretty wide too, but probably not the right choice for crushing table tops. Velocity Blunts (NOT the SL's) have worked well for me in the past and are a little cheaper, but they're pretty dated with the non-tubeless shape and shimmed constuction.... but with a ghetto split innertube rim strip they treated me right and are on my son's bike now going strong.
    I like building my own wheels, and for the last few years have used Hadley hubs for their quality, high performance, interchangeable axles, and relative bargain price compared to other premium hubs like King and DT (both really nice, of course, and not without their advantages). Erik at Balleracing.com is THE MAN for Hadley stuff, and has the best prices too. There are more pre-built options coming on the market all the time but unfortunately I don't have any first hand experience with them... or at least with their hubs. Stan's wheelsets are popular and low priced, and now Kirk Pacenti's doing complete wheels with his trick new rims ( BikeLugs.com ) and Hope hubs around the same price as Stan's.... I can't speak from any experience about either of their hubs, but you can find plenty of reviews. The earlier Hope Pro II hubs didn't impress me, but supposedly the Evo's that Kirk is using are better. Kirk's a good guy, and the godfather of 27.5, and can probably tell you what he likes about those hubs... you'll see him in this forum a lot or I'm sure you can contact him through his site.
    Sun-Ringle's Charger Pro checks alot of the boxes too..... licensed rim shape from Stan's, straight-pull Wheelsmith spokes, interchangeable axles... I'd look for some feedback from hard riding clydes to see how the 24 spoke thing is working out though.
    Supposedly we'll be seeing Mavic's, DT's, and who knows what else in the near future...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Slick clean and nice..