mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Smile orange mojo with blue linkage

had a small warranty issue which Ibis took care of better than you could ever ask for.
    anyway I changed the linkage to blue now( part of warranty issue, a bearing that had no grease from japan). here is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg ib.JPG (309.4 KB, 554 views)

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

mtbr member
    Very nice bike, what does it weigh btw ?

mtbr member
    Nice ride...I working on a orange frame myself....are those M4's ???
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SC Highball-SS-....Supersix-EVO1

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Indeed very nice. I'm getting my linkage anodized gold (on a nude carbon frame). Should be back in a day or two.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    weights 23.75 with the light smart sam 2.1's(530 grams)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hi what wheelset have you got on there? I have the blue theme going on my naked carbon frame ('upgraded' to blue from the silver links...looks awesome) and am looking at a wheelset with blue hub. Love the blue nipples on the rim too! Where did you get them, what's the setup.
    How's the seatclamp, i still have the QR with lever.
    The blue goes surprisingly well with the orange, didn't think it would work when i read the post but looks good!!!! Nice one. Enjoy the ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

orange and blue

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmitch2
    had a small warranty issue which Ibis took care of better than you could ever ask for.
    anyway I changed the linkage to blue now( part of warranty issue, a bearing that had no grease from japan). here is a pic.
    very sweet ... we're all going to have to do cosmetic surgery on our forks now. they just don't match anything.

how do you like your dt shock? did you buy the other one from buggymancan?

KevinK
    Jul 2005

Sweet ride....

How do you like your DT shocks?

Kevin

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Are you happy with the Hopes? I would like to put those on my Mojo but was wondering how they'd handle my 185lb weight in the hills.....Any problems with fade on trails where you have to drag the brake?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Smile

the wheels are king hubs stans 350 gram rims built by http://www.speeddream.com/
    almost 4 years ago. I weight 150 and don't thrash the wheels and they have held up well.
    as for the brake question, I had an ellsworth truth before this bike. Having just moved
    up to Boise, found out that the 160 mm front rotor was blueing coming down dry creek.
    changed to a 180 mm and ok now. this trail losses a lot of elevation real quick near the
    top. for a 185 pound rider, the brakes should be good unless it is real steep for more
    than I quess for 5 minutes or so. though the mono minis are xc and not am.
    what other company offers so many visual upgrades-Ibis is great
    Mitch
    Boise

mtbr member
    Your bike is too nice for one pic...more please!
    Are those RF Turbine cranks ?

A buddy of mine is considering moving from a Truth to a Mojo Sl...tell us your thoughts in regards to comparing the two.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    2 times
    you would like to know the comparsion for your friend of an ellworth truth and the Ibis Mojo.
    I have a 1995 ellworth ablsolute truth(carbon swingarm) and just sold a 05 truth. The bike
    is really made for x-country racing. Bike is real good on hardpack at any speed,
    with a race frame geometry it is real squirly at higher speed loose sand and rocky stuff
    compared to the IBIS, having just moved to boise last summer, I had a chance to
    ride both bikes on the same trails several times. If the climb is not real rocky I would call it a
    tie as for speed. If you throw in loose stuff, snow or wet roots, the Ibis is in a class of
    its own(ran same wheels on both bikes). Maybe the longer travel ellsworth bikes are better. why are they 600 more though I don't know
    If he gets the truth, go with a coil over on the pre 06 models. not sure of the 06 and later which have a longer shock.
    also someone asked about the dt shock. IT is probably 30 percent more plush with the
    same sag setting. got from buggyman. he is easy to deal with btw
    also if someone is building up an Ibis, the old school raceface cranks with a 113bb
    give you a 165mm q factor. not sure how important this is, saw a thread on it
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info and the comparison. I think he now sold on the Ibis.

You know my steez...
    I thought about that. I thought it would look good. You beat me to it and proved me right.
    Sweet
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey, hold on a second. You have a Fox post-mount fork and Hope floating rotors. I was told by William at Hope USA that that combo doesn't work. Apparently Fox screwed up and the posts are so far inboard that the rivets on the rotor hit. So how'd you do it and howz it working?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    the clearance is tight. you have to remove a bit of material on the adaptor with a file or what
    ever. I guess a did not know about this issue, already had the brakes, just thought it was
    one of those problems that show up building the bike late at night.