Thread: Orange Mojo

mtbr member

Orange Mojo

Stopped by the bike shop today and guess what had just arrived,,,

I ordered this bike as a Christmas present for my wife. Pretty much got it built up this evening, just a few more things to do. Med frame, 5.9 lbs on my scale
    Attached Images Attached Images

Green Mojo

sweet orange frame

I picked up my green bike last Friday and have been riding all week. I love this freeking bike, the only problem is everybody that sees it wants to talk about it. The color just makes it even better. Yesterday I was stopped by a guy that asked me a ton of questions on it, his last comment was "that will be a classic forever". I agree!

The hardest part was letting it get dirty the first time. I got mine Friday night. I spent half the night applying clear tape, then I waxed the entire bike (I think that will help dirt and grime come off easier when I do wash it). I kept it in my living room that night. My wife asked me if we needed to add another room on to the house for the new bike. hmmmm, that might not be a bad idea!

By now my bike is very dirty. It still looks great. I love my green and I love your orange. Please post pictures when built up. What components, wheels, etc are you using?

My recommendation - get that thing built and start riding it.

PS: I am anxious to see your final weight with stan's, pedals, etc.

PPS: Make sure you put a lizard skin on. You will get some chain slap.

Neil

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I saw an orange one at my LBS this afternoon. Nice colour. One thing I like about the painted frames is that it really shows off the surface of the bike. There are some concave surface details that are harder to notice on the bare carbon frame that stand out more on the painted ones.

mtbr member
    Here it is built.

Med Mojo
    Marz All Mountain 1
    Cane Creek IS2 headset
    King/Velocity wheels
    Thomson stem and seatpost
    X.9 shifters and rear der
    XTR front der
    XT cranks
    Avid juicy brakes with Galfer rotors and Goodrich brake lines
    Kenda Nevegals 2.1 with stans
    Fizik saddle

Final weight 28 lbs.

Green Mojo

nice bike

Beautiful bike, and nice build.

I agree on the comment regarding paint compliments the lines. Here are my green lines......

PS: Don't forget some type of chain protection, chain slap is an issue.

mtbr member
    I have a thick layer of 3M clear tape (the stuff used for car hoods etc) on the chainstay and several other places. It's 20 mil thick but is hardly noticable, especially in the photos.

This bike will definitely be a head turner. Even at the bike shop people were drooling over it.

We had about 6 inches of new snow yesterday so looks like we are headed to Sedona tomorrow so my wife can get some ride time

mtbr member
    Double post

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    About 15 cm of snow has fallen here over the last day so I don't think I'll be out much on my Mojo in the next couple of days. At least it looks like winter now to go with the -15 temperatures.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That bike build seems lighter than 28 pounds. I would've guessed 26.5 for your medium.

Too Much Fun

Orange Mojo = Pure Sex

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW
    I ordered this bike as a Christmas present for my wife.
    Can I marry you? That color is fresh. I'm not into painted frames in general, but thats badAZz. Nice.

The Mrs. is a lucky lass.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Can I marry you? That color is fresh. I'm not into painted frames in general, but thats badAZz. Nice.

The Mrs. is a lucky lass.

I sure hope you're a woman, otherwise this is just wrong

DanK, as to the build weight I think the fork at 5 lbs is the biggest weight culprit but as I said my wife loves the feel of the Marzocchis. We ride a lot of rocky trails so I (and she) don't mind the weight penalty for such a stiff, plush fork.

I weighed the bike with an Ultimate digital scale so I assume it's fairly accurate. Certainly not a heavy duty build but all parts that work well for the riding we do. The Mojo is actually only about 1/2 lb heavier than her Blur which has a Revelation Air on it. If I put the Revelation on the Mojo it would be just under 27.

After building it up I pedaled the bike around the make sure everything was working ok. It felt very nice. Suspension feels plush, pedals well, doesn't feel "heavy" at all to me. Plus it looks great.