mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Opinion w 150 fork and 650B in Frnt

What are the opinions running a 150 fork with a 650B front wheel (26 in back)? I'm in the market for a new fork and was considering running the new 150 travel. Will it be too slack?

Mojo

www.derbyrims.com
    Its an individual preference.

After nearly 2.5 years experimenting with 650b on my Mojo, I'd guess that 650b/26" front/rear with 150/32mm fork would handle corners and feel similar to a 26"/26" wheeled Mojo with a 160mm fork, except roll obstacles easier.

T.W.O.

It's like running a size bigger which is not much

I've running both Small(naked carbon) and med(Nuclear Pesto) with Maverick Duc 32 for a while now. After I read Derby's post I swap my small to 650b. It's a great switch for me I really enjoy the stability and ability to roll over stuff, the tech section is made easier too. On the first few rides I miss a few quick turns, I was expected a normal quick handling, then I got used to it and it's all good.

The best way to describe the way it ride is like riding a size bigger. I did a back to back ride all the time between the 2 bikes aside for slight more grip in the corner it feel almost the same. Steep climb still lighten the front wheel no matter if I reduce the travel or not, so I've not done it in a long time, I just keep the travel at full 150.

12/30/2009

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I am running a Revelation Team Air U-turn with a Neo-Moto 2.3 up front. I liked it a lot immediately and ride it mostly at the full150 travel. For tighter trails, or long uphills I sometimes drop it down to 140 or even 135.

I am now running 650b front and back (rear is a Racing Ralph 2.25) and will never go back to 26'ers. The bike feels perfectly balanced and rolls the rough stuff so much better. And I love the 0.75 inch higher bottom bracket, because I can pedal through corners and rock piles I never could before.

For me, I can't think of a negative. Want some 26'' Crossmax SLs?