mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Old-skool Ibis - Bow Ti frame value?

Hi Ibisians,

Just wondering... do you guys know the approximate 'going rate' for a mint-condition Bow Ti (I think it's a medium from 1999 perhaps?)

cheers
    Simon

6x7=Dont Panic!
    I am pretty sure that John Castellano will still build you one. I forgot where I read that so I may be wrong. I'll bet it would cost quite a bit more than you can sell yours for though. I would guess yours could sell for $2-3k depending on the condition and where you sell it.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra View Post
    I am pretty sure that John Castellano will still build you one. I forgot where I read that so I may be wrong. I'll bet it would cost quite a bit more than you can sell yours for though. I would guess yours could sell for $2-3k depending on the condition and where you sell it.
    I know he's still building the soft-tail models and the URT in aluminum. He offers custom Ti models of the soft-tail too. He did at least about four years ago when I Iast spoke to him, but I'm sure things may have changed since then.

I have a 2001 (or 2000) 26er Ibis Silk-Ti and I have absolutely no idea why Castellano's bikes aren't more popular with the 29er, single speed and "hard-trail" racers. It's actually mind boggling to me that people are paying for custom ti bikes that are not a soft-tail when they could have an amazing soft-tail bike in ti custom made for them. I think Steve Potts was doing the welding for him a few years ago and may still be doing it, so I still don't understand.

http://www.castellanodesigns.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tensim View Post
    Hi Ibisians,

Just wondering... do you guys know the approximate 'going rate' for a mint-condition Bow Ti (I think it's a medium from 1999 perhaps?)

cheers
    Simon
    I will have both of my 26" Ibis Ti bikes for sale very soon..

1) Medium Silk Ti Fox F80 RLT, XTR 9 speed, Ibis ti bars, Ibis Ti stem, Chris king everywhere, syncros post VERY good condition with a new set of spare decals

2) Medium Bow Ti with same exact build except race face next LP cranks, crossmax SL wheels and full SRP ti hardware

3) also selling my 2000 edition New Belgium brewery employee bike ( the yellow one)

4) last but not least my Co-Motion S&S coupled Speedster custom tandem.

PM me or e-mail me for details bowtiguy@comcast.net

will be posting in for sale section soon.