mtbr member

OK so here she is

I know you all have heard it all before but I figured I've rant a little and I'd post pics as I was asked by the lovely Kathy in a previous post (I think that was her name).

I've been dialing her in for a couple weeks now and now I can claim the Mojo is the best full suspension bike I have ever ridden. Hands down. It's amazing that you can get on it hard out of the saddle and it doesn't bob. And all the time without propedal. I've had a bunch of FS bikes, leading back to 96 so I think I am qualified to make that statement.

This bike flat out rocks. Scot et al have hit the ball squarely out of the park with the Mojo Carbon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Welcome to the club. That orange color might grow on me. The only problem I have is I ride so much that it makes my wife mad and now I hardly get any. Can't have everything.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    My advice is to change wives frequently as it's best to get some strange every so often. Newer ones don't complain as much as older ones I have found.

You know my steez...

Perfect pair

The orange color is the BEST! The build is sweet, and the M3 is not too bad either.
    My orange Mojo is scheduled to be in on the 10th. The wait is KILLING ME!

Congratulations on getting yours!

mtbr member
    I've actually had it for about a month but the first two weeks were waiting for the shock to get pushed and some parts to trickle in. Last two weeks riding it and dialing it in have been fun.

Your time will come Bunn. Patience and you will be rewarded accordingly. I'd go Float over TALAS though. No need for the TALAS on this bike. It climbs well with the fork set up accordingly. The Float is extremely adjustable.

You know my steez...

I'll chill out

Quote Originally Posted by Irrenarzt
    Your time will come Bunn. Patience and you will be rewarded accordingly. I'd go Float over TALAS though. No need for the TALAS on this bike. It climbs well with the fork set up accordingly. The Float is extremely adjustable.
    I've read many reviews that agree with your assessment of the Float on a Mojo but it's too late. I guess if I find that I don't need the TALAS I'll just leave it 140mm and forget it. I tried it on an Ellsworth and really liked it and I figured for an extra $130, why not?

You are right again about patience and the reward....I'll stop looking at my watch and counting off the seconds until the 10th!

mtbr member
    Well I just bled the Juicys a few evenings ago. I somehow screwed up the pad spacing on the rear which changed the feel damatically so I bled them and took the chance to shorten the front brake hose a tad at the same time. They felt great before. Now they feel perhaps a tad better. Overall I like them a bunch. My first day on the bike was a lift access downhill day at Pajarito and they just worked the whole time no issues. I'm really happy with them. Plenty of braking power.

As for the enduro shells/bearings, they spin really nice compared to the stock race face cups so I'm pretty happy so far. Lots of people biitch about the race face bearings but I think they are OK if you keep on top of the maintenance. They need frequent cleaning and repacking. What I really like about the enduros is you no longer use the POS plastic dust shield as they are 1 mm smaller OD. Those plastic dust shields suckthebiggestmoosecock of all time as they invariably break when you try to put them back in after a repack.

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    That Orange is pretty nice!
    Does Push have a model specific tune for the mojo?
    How do those tires work with the mojo? what model and size are they?

Congrats!

I agree on the float talas question, I've been a fan of the talas on several bikes i've demo'd and have no regrets going with the float rlc on the mojo - der mojo climbs better than i do
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

mtbr member
    Not sure if they have a Mojo specific tune. I wanted the larger volume air sleeve so I went with a full service and tune plus the air can install.

The tires work pretty well even though the rear is more like a front. The Mojo hooks up so well that it's not been an issue. Tires are Specialized 2bliss Resolutions 2.3's I had them in the box so I figured I'd run them for now. So far so good.

flow where ever you go

Poor Beamer

....is looking dull, lifeless, and aged compared to the sleak, stylin', sexy, and poised Mojo!!!

She's a beaut.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Yeah I'm gonna sell the car in a month or so. It's just not doing it for me anymore.

You know my steez...

It does it for me!

Yeah I'm gonna sell the car in a month or so. It's just not doing it for me anymore.
    Are you serious? I've always been a fan of the M3. I like every version. I was even a fan of the 2002Tii. Is your car a 6 speed or SMG? When the E91 M3 comes out it will have a V8. I suspect the prices of the E46 will drop dramatically. If you really want to sell it now is the time!

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Ooooh! Drool factor 10! I pick up my orange beauty tonight!

Kathy
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

mtbr member
    6 speed, SMG is a POS.

The new M3 will be a 3700 pound luxobarge, not in the true spirit of the M3 and certainly not a lightweight like the Tii. The new M3 will be an E92 billed chassis, not E91. Lastly prices for E46 M3's are looking like they will hold fairly steady as the E92 will see some price increases over the E46.

Post your bike Kath.

You know my steez...
    6 speed, SMG is a POS.

The new M3 will be a 3700 pound luxobarge, not in the true spirit of the M3 and certainly not a lightweight like the Tii. The new M3 will be an E92 billed chassis, not E91. Lastly prices for E46 M3's are looking like they will hold fairly steady as the E92 will see some price increases over the E46.

Post your bike Kath.
    Sorry this post is OT but...

I take it that you're not a fan of the new E92? You know, many E36 M3 owners say the same thing about your car as you've said about the E92 (thanks for the correction). I heard the new V8 engine is actually lighter than the S54 6 it replaces. I've never tried the SMG but from what I've heard it is a POS.
    I also heard that BMW may put the S54 in a 1 series coupe and call it the M1. Now that would be more in the true spirit of the original M3 than the new M3 is!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Yeah the new V8 may be lighter (all Al, not iron block like the S54) but the car is still overweight. The direction they have taken is more of an autobahn one over a track/pure performance one. It's just not what I'm into and lots of others agree I'm sure.

An M1 might pique my interest. As it stands, I have absolutely zero interest in the E92. I have enough trouble with the police as it is.

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Ok, I picked up the frame (size small) last evening and built it up today. Going out for first dirt in the morning. All parts except the seatpost, front der and headset are from my '03 Iron Horse Hollowpoint (love those DW linkers!) Don't anybody make fun of my monster stack o'spacers on top of the steerer tube! I took the Push'd '03 Talas RLC off the Hollowpoint, and I'm not sure I'll like the 125mm travel on a bike designed for 140mm. The Hollowpoint has an 1" longer headtube, its headset had a much greater stack height, and I had a couple spacers up top of that, ta' boot. I'll lop off all that excess if I decide the fork's a keeper.

Kathy :^D
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

mtbr member
    Nice work Kathy! The bike looks killer. Congrats!