mtbr member
    Sep 2007

OK one more try Using Pushed RP3 On Moj

Stupid BBS software.
    Hey while I'm waiting for my SL to come in I need advise from you guys. I'm running a new complete push tuned RP3 on a med SC Blur. (same size shock for moj.) I'm ordering sl with dt swiss shock.(see ** below)
    What hardware would I need to run the rp3 on the moj ?
    Thanks guys. If I remember right reading somewhere here, doesn't Ibis custom valve the rp3 and rp23 to keep from bottoming or something. I think I should be okay on that if I run enough compression at my weight (160 lbs.)

Also, for tech guys that now have some time on the dt swiss shocks on their sls, do you wish you would have ordered with a rp23 saved 200 bucks and then sent it to be pushed ?

** Why would I want to change it ? For the heck of it and to play with 2 differing shocks on the moj. (get that question out of the way.)

Thanks for advise !

www.derbyrims.com
    Ibis does not use custom tuned OEM shocks so far. The RP3 was never speced OEM, only the RP23, DHX 5.0 Air, and now the ST Swiss Carbon Air on the SL.

It is likely your Blur's PUSH tuned RP3 has some amount of platform damping unless you specifically asked PUSH to eliminate all platform damping. The suspension reactivity to pedaling of the VPP is nearly opposite of a DW-Link and PUSH would adjust accordingly to each design.

You can order the Mojo's Fox shock mounting hardware directly from Fox for about $20 as I recall. The Fox Customer Service phone number is on their web site - foxracingshox.com

(You can edit the duplicate post to remove all but three characters, and also the title the same using Edit, Go to Advance Edit.)