Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Too Much Fun
    Reputation: benja55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,007

    Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Ok Ibis... We need a cross bike!

    ...Time to stop dicking around a put out a cross bike!

    You've got all spring and summer Chuck & Friends. Godspeed!

    Who is with me?
    Last edited by benja55; 02-25-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: lame thread title
    - -benja- -

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    169
    I agree.. I would love to get an Ibis crosser!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ro.nin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    746
    I'd be down.

    Not gonna get a roadie any time soon... just not my thing.
    I can see myself on a CX bike though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

  4. #4
    Too Much Fun
    Reputation: benja55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,007

    Good job! Keep hope alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by mtok77
    I agree.. I would love to get an Ibis crosser!
    See, we've got a movement!

    Hans, can't you just glue on some canti bosses onto the Slik and cut out some more clearance?
    - -benja- -

  5. #5
    Church of the Wheel
    Reputation: mtb143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    See, we've got a movement!

    Hans, can't you just glue on some canti bosses onto the Slik and cut out some more clearance?
    Ooh! Throw some disc tabs on it and use it for all-weather commuting or touring too!

  6. #6
    When can I ride?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    53
    incorporate the "slot machine" from the tranny for a travel slash singlespeed cross bike and you'd really have something...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    59

    I support that

    Uh, can you have that ready by September? Please?

    I especially like the singlespeed/tranny option.

    Thank you.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ro.nin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
    Uh, can you have that ready by September? Please?

    I especially like the singlespeed/tranny option.

    Thank you.
    Yeah!

    Singlespeed CX bike w/ disc brakes. Oooh yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

  9. #9
    Too Much Fun
    Reputation: benja55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,007

    Good job! YesYesYes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ro.nin
    Singlespeed CX bike w/ disc brakes. Oooh yeah.
    Be still my beating heart.

    This is what I'm talking about. Though for UCI racers this won't fly, but whatevs.
    - -benja- -

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    394
    Wonder if the same frame can be used for a 29r? Or are the geos very different?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    856
    I think Ibis is just about there with the Tranny. It would seem possible to make a 700c rear triangle which would be interchangable with the 26" option, thus providing a conversion to a cross frame, and while they are at it (Hans) why not a 29er rear triangle?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28
    I'd take one

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    214
    I'd take one, but I'd MUCH rather have a 29er Mojo instead.

  14. #14
    FriendlyNeighborhoodMTBer
    Reputation: kabayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    181
    Ibis just signed Brian Lopes and Lopes just took up cyclocross ... so there you go
    http://www.velonews.com/article/71849

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by gollig
    incorporate the "slot machine" from the tranny for a travel slash singlespeed cross bike and you'd really have something...
    Just think of the naming possibilities...

  16. #16
    one gear
    Reputation: thrashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39
    hakkalugi part 2? I'm still trying to find an original
    By:stickel.com

    Industrynine.net

  17. #17
    Too Much Fun
    Reputation: benja55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,007

    You and me both...

    Quote Originally Posted by thrashin
    hakkalugi part 2? I'm still trying to find an original
    Same here. I wish I'd have snapped one up back the day.

    Anyway, lets keep the CX fires burning. Scooot, Hans, we need a cross tranny!

    - -benja- -

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Same here. I wish I'd have snapped one up back the day.

    Anyway, lets keep the CX fires burning. Scooot, Hans, we need a cross tranny!

    I should've never sold mine... guy I sold it too had it on top of his car, going to park in a lot and it got snagged on a low hanging power wire (think on the seat)... it was promptly ripped off the rack into a twisted mess of steel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •